- San Jose, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Mark Gatza
Risk Assessment Manager
Location: San Jose, CA
Maternity leave coverage (3-5 months, possibility to extend)
Team you're joining:
Product Portfolio Enterprise Risk Partner
The successful candidate will join the Product Portfolio Enterprise Risk Partner team and will be a primary facilitator concerning product policy review, issue management. The role will provide a risk lens to portfolio leaders, product managers and PMO teams throughout the product development lifecycle in order to ensure products and features are secure and compliant, and the risks associated with the products and features are identified and managed as outlined per enterprise compliance policies. The candidate will interact with product managers, and the subject matter experts in financial risk, compliance, information security, legal, privacy, and operations.
This role is an excellent opportunity to learn about the companies' products, product management and the product development lifecycle while demonstrating critical stakeholder and project management skills.
This Risk Manager helps to support 10-15 product owners and will ultimately work with 25-30 stakeholders identifying risks (compliance/legal/fraud/information security/privacy)
Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, no overtime anticipated, unless pre approved by the manager.
Typical Task Breakdown:
Partner with the product portfolios to:
- Provide policy guidance to product managers at the beginning of solution definition with an aim to:
- Identify solutions that will require in-depth policy review
- Adequately bring to light the “why” of applicable laws, regulations, internal policies impacting products/ offerings/ features
- Prioritize engagement with the most critical policy / cross-functional stakeholders
- Discover ways to manage risk and/ or issues now and in the future
- Own clear and actionable documentation of risks and requirements the product managers use to manage risks/ issues
- Identify and outline the remediation plan for any ongoing issues that have been associated with the product/ offering/ feature
- Address all Internal Audit, Compliance and regulatory findings that arise in a timely manner
- Develop insights from reporting to drive action based on key trends, risks and issues
- Support special projects and initiatives: special projects vary from strategic initiatives to day-to-day operations. Support needs will vary by project and will require strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent written and verbal communications, and ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
*Offsite/remote initially, will be on site after COVID is over.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in payment industry, financial services, management consulting firms and/or project management
- Proven experience identifying/evaluating/managing risk and collaborating to drive issue resolution in partnership with key stakeholders
- Understanding of payments products/ experiences
- Participates with leadership to determine direction and objectives of risk management programs
- Demonstrated working relationships that enable self-direction in risk management
- Demonstrated ability to manage and influence cross-functional engagement & execution
- Engage cross-functional stakeholders and build relationships at various levels of the organization to effectively identify and manage issues and control deficiencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter demonstrates independence, initiative and follow-through. Delivers on time while meeting quality objectives and customer expectations
- Work across the company to drive to decisions, build consensus and bridge gaps. Builds rapport, credibility and relationships with multiple stakeholders. Great team player.
- Must be detail-oriented, conscientious, thorough and accurate
- Must be able to step back and analyze at a broader level, while still being detailed oriented, conscientious, thorough and accurate
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and client service oriented attitude and mindset
- Ability to work globally and cross-functionally and lead change in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to function well independently as well as in a team
- Be comfortable in a fast paced and dynamic environment with a high degree of accuracy
- Comfortable working in a fluid environment where roles and responsibilities are still evolving
- Good project management and reporting skills
- Ability to facilitate group discussions and run meetings
- Ability to handle multiple projects under pressure
- Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through
- Ability to resolve complex issues and settle disputes equitably
- Ability to determine when to escalate to management and identify the right stakeholders for decision making
- Proficient with tools such as PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, MS Word, Excel, Access and Visio
Top 3 must-have hard skills:
- Proven experience identifying/evaluating/managing risk and collaborating to drive issue resolution in partnership with key stakeholders. Management of Fraud and risk are ideal
- Understanding of payments products/experiences
- Demonstrated ability to manage and influence cross-functional engagement and execution
1st round phone screen, 2nd round panel on video.
More about the company:
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, Our client is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives hundreds of millions of active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person.
Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, we create better ways to manage and move money, and offer choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, our platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their accounts in 25 currencies.
Join a group of dynamic and diverse thinkers /doers who are changing the very definition of how risk gets managed as part of product development. Partner with product development leadership and key stakeholders to proactively identify and manage risks. Join us and shape the future for how we launch experiences that reduce our risk and increase our customer's satisfaction.
Why do you want to work through AQUENT?
- AQUENT offers an amazing benefits package. For every hour you work – we'll subsidize a good portion of your medical, vision and dental premium.
- A team of agents that are invested in your career. We offer resume and portfolio review, interview prep and access to online training.
- We offer the only referral program that continues to give back. Earn a cash bonus for every hour your referral works for up to 6 months.
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
Subsidized health and dental benefits
Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
Access to free online courses via AQUENT’s Gymnasium and Lynda.com to develop your skills
We reward for referrals! Who do you know? http://aquent.us/rewards/