- Hartford, Connecticut
- Job Terms:
- Competitive w/ full benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- PJ Farnham
Our fortune client is looking for a talented Solution Engineer. This is one of our top clients and we have been successful in building out entire teams for this organization. This role will be temp to permanent, 40 hours/week, paid on an hourly rate plus very highly subsidized benefits. This role will start working remotely but after covid restrictions are lifted, the goal is to have this person onsite in Hartford, CT.
- 10+ years Hortonworks Solution Architect helping re-solution the migration projects from HDP 2.6 to 3.1. Thorough understanding of HDP 2.6 and 3.1 platforms and related tech stack.
- Good documentation(Vizio) and presentation(PPT) skills.
- HDP 2.x and HDP 3.x
- Review project current solution, document the proposed solution review with involved groups, help engineering teams implement the solution end to end with low level technical recommendations and code review.
- Document existing and new solution patterns.
- Apache Hadoop 3.1.1(Hadoop File System)
- Apache HBase 2.0.0(Java APIs)
- Apache Hive 3.1.0(Hive Query Language)
- Apache Kafka 1.1.1(Java/Python/Spark streaming APIs)
- Apache Phoenix 5.0.0(Standard SQL, JDBC, ODBC)
- Apache Pig 0.16.0
- Apache Ranger 1.1.0
- Apache Spark 2.3.1(Java, Scala, Python)
- Apache Sqoop 1.4.7
- Apache Tez 0.9.1
Java based webservices APIs and python clients.
- Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
- Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
- Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
- This includes altering the products they offer at retail to more health-conscious offerings!
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK THROUGH AQUENT:
We care about your CAREER GOALS.
- We offer resume & portfolio review + interview prep. You'll feel set for success!
- Learn for free: https://thegymnasium.com/
- Who is AQUENT: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM
- Pay it forward: https://aquent.com/rewards/
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized (up to 85%) of your health, vision and dental benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
- Check our Benefits out. Up to 85% subsidy