- Oakland, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
We are looking for a highly creative and experienced Master Visual Designer to execute the vision and visual design of an enterprise design system. The ideal candidate is a strong visual design lead with demonstrated expertise in product and system design on live, shipped products. As a designer with a strong background in crafting interfaces for consumer-facing & B2B brands, our ideal candidate should be able to apply a new look & feel to enterprise products, partnering with product managers, UX teams, and engineers.
- Work alongside the Principal Visual Designer in establishing common design solutions within the system, including documentation and communication of system design decisions
- Evolve & maintain brand expression in the software space
- Contribute to design system processes, operating models, and roadmaps
- Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and production-ready visual designs as needed
- Partner with product managers and UX teams to ensure the design system meets business and user needs
- Support high-level product strategy, ensuring were asking the right questions and solving for distinct needs
- Bachelor’s in Design, Fine Arts, or a related field, and have a foundational understanding of product design best practices
- 5+ years of experience in the field of design, with a focus on designing and delivering business or enterprise applications that are complex, high-volume, and high profile
- A portfolio that demonstrates mastery of product design, including composition, layout, color and typography, and how design leads to positive business outcomes
- Excellent communicator with strong empathy and the ability to motivate and influence individuals beyond their direct field of control
- Superior oral and written communication skills, especially the ability to clearly articulate design decisions with stakeholders and development teams
- Excellent collaboration skills, with experience leading design decisions and obtaining consensus on requirements and deliverables with all levels of stakeholders and team members
- Mastery of packaging complex information in compelling, meaningful ways that are easy to understand
- You can accurately communicate your design decisions, requirements, and ideas both verbally and through documentation package.
- Ability to handle and overcome unexpected changes and issues with poise
- You go beyond UI and design, showing a passion for learning and understanding user experience concepts, scripting languages, and technologies relevant to the industry.
Our client is is a health plan provider founded in 1939 and based in Oakland, California. The organization serves over 4 million health plan members and nearly 65,000 physicians across the state. They are a nonprofit health plan dedicated to providing Californians with access to high-quality health care at an affordable price.
They are passionate about creating a healthcare system that is worthy of their family and friends and that is sustainably affordable. They are a team of 6,800 employees in 18 offices across California.
"Our mission does not stop at our members; it extends to all Californians and beyond."