- Herndon, VA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
SUMMARY: The Senior Designer will produce and oversee digital and print creative solutions to address our marketing needs. To be successful in this role, the Senior Designer leverages their in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles, and layout techniques. Responsibilities include executing marketing projects from conception to production, including websites, brochures, and digital assets. The Senior Designer will ensure the design team promotes our brand through delivering high-quality pieces on tight deadlines and will be at the forefront of all user-centered design with the purpose of creating increased business value. The Senior Designer reports directly to the Marketing Creative Director with Director’s oversight and will be responsible for managing multiple projects, outgoing communication, and timeline management. Strong interpersonal skills are critical.
We know a good idea can come from anywhere. That’s why our design culture emphasizes teamwork. As colleagues, we regularly challenge each other—sharing the pencil, testing assumptions, constructing and deconstructing—to get to the best solution. We area team, led by a group of people respected for their personal character and professional expertise. Our diverse team values your contributions, thrives on collaboration and celebrates successes together.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
· Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise products/services
· Increase user-friendliness in digital products
· Create multimedia content that drives programs and campaigns, including digital imagery, layout, motion graphics/video, and other interactive elements for website, email, and social media
· Establish and maintains a level of design that ensures a consistent and cohesive look in branded materials
· Work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Collaborate with a wide array of stakeholders and cross functioning teams
· Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies; make recommendations based on new developments and best practices
· Ensure an efficient workflow within the department
· Articulate strategies and Flow’s vision through creative design
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
· Candidates must have at least 5 years design experience and alsattach a portfolio of recent work (last 1-3 years) or provide a link to their online portfolio
· Understanding of design principles in both print and digital formats
· Must be able to animate html 5 banner ads- THIS IS A MUST
· Working knowledge of After Effects and a knack for animation a plus
· Knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques with an emphasis on UI and UX.
· Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); Web proficiency.
· Understanding of HTML and CSS coding, as well as responsive web design on both desktop and mobile platforms.
· Expert in (Adobe Creative Suite) Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and Acrobat using mac OS.
· Experience working within a digital asset management workflow a plus
· Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
· Ability to respond to feedback appropriately and adapt to change effectively
· Ability to travel 10% of the time (minimal if any e.g. team building event)
· Ability to clear required background check
HTML5 + MOTION GRAPHICS EXPERIENCE ARE A MUST FOR THIS ROLE.