- Seattle, WA
- Job Terms:
- 35 hourly
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Heather Farrin
• 4+ years of professional technical writing experience
• Project management experience
• Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style or other style guides
• Fluent in English writing with excellent reading/comprehension skills
• Experience working in a cross-functional team
• Participated in testing user-focused solutions for mobile and desktop, online
• Well versed in the UX process, including discovery, usability, wireframes, visual designs, etc.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills, including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
• Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
• Strong practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, web-based information architecture, and design.
• Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
• You’re proud of your work, your skills, and expertise – but flexible and open to cross-functional team input, as you want to be part of something impactful.
• An unfailing passion and capacity to advocate on behalf of our users.
• Proficiency with accessibility compliance.
Services to be Performed:
• Be responsible for the creation of guidance content and documentation for our design system, provide support for our product review bar-raising program, as well as documenting best practices and findings.
• Have a direct impact on the user experience, focusing on growing and refining our design system, patterns, and componentry.
• Be a self-starter who is passionate about providing high-quality content for our internal team sites while working in a technical, fast-paced environment.
• Introduce, develop, and document best design practices, processes, and communicate quality expectations organizationally as an advocate of user-centered design practices.
• Identify opportunities with our team to improve our design services and artifacts, improving the overall experience for all Selling Partner team
Want to work for one of the fastest growing and most admired companies in the world?
Founded in 1995 this client of Aquent’s has grown to one of the largest tech companies in the world. Driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that transform the way their customers live their lives and run their businesses. Come join them and work in a place that values innovation, creativity and leadership.
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.