- Hartford, CT
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly - depends on experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees.
Our client is seeking a Project Manager consultant to work within their Creative team. You would work with the different teams and creative staff to ensure that smart and appropriate marketing communications are created, produced and distributed to their B2B and external customer audience and meet the business and communications goals of internal business partners.
As a member of the Creative team, the Project Manager may have an initial consultative role to help identify the businesses needs and goals, propose a smart set of communications solutions, estimate cost/timing and manage the creative development to meet business expectations of quality, estimated turnaround time and approved budget. The consultative nature of this position is enabled by the Project Managers core competencies in marketing communications and in building and maintaining strong relationships with internal clients.
Importantly, the Project Manager must keep all incoming requests within the larger context of what is most appropriate for various audiences as well as determine how any new requests might be addressed with existing solutions to ensure effectiveness. The impact of this position is in ensuring simple, clear, effective and efficient delivery of consistent and respectful communication to individual customer audience, in keeping with overall brand standards so that all efforts help improve the ability to stand out in the marketplace.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist other departments in the planning and development of appropriate, B2B and/or customer centric communications solutions to meet communications goals
- In collaboration with Creative Account Managers, help develop project proposals/SOWs and creative briefing documents including message direction, in preparation for communications creation and production
- Partner as needed with marketing communications staff to ensure product/ business segment message consistency
- Manage all assigned projects from discovery, creative development, proofreading, translation and production through established workflow processes
- Develop project estimates and timelines for all projects
- Seek consultation, when needed, with internal and external partners/vendors to inform the project team and the client with information needed to make decisions on project direction
- Track and report estimated vs. actual costs. Provide change orders for scope changes and subsequent new cost estimates.
- Craft and track detailed project schedules to ensure on-time delivery. Coordinate appropriate internal reviews.
- Keep project status reporting tool updated in real time
- Coordinate with external production vendors, as needed, to ensure the end creative product will meet production specifications
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
Prior knowledge of and familiarity with industry acronyms is a plus.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
Desired Candidates will bring:
- 5+ years of client service experience, preferably including prior employment with an advertising agency or a corporate marketing organization.
- Proven understanding in project management fundamentals. Projects include a variety of content: email, direct mail, social, presentations, digital projects, and subsequent production.
- Experience working with creative teams and setting expectations for deliverables. Ability to proactively manage resources.
- Proven systemic view, ability to guide the end-to-end solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, matrix-oriented environment
- Solid critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong relationship management skills: ability to foster collaboration, value other perspectives and gain support/buy-in
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to starting.