- Hartford, CT
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
Our large financial services client located in Hartford, CT is seeking a Marketing Procurement Manager for a 6 month contract assignment with extension, onsite and full-time.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain collaborative and positive working relationships with Marketing and business customers and senior management, as well as with various internal and external partners such as Legal, Finance, IT Security, Compliance, Audit, Digital Enablement , Supplier Management, and Supplier Diversity.
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts that represent business requirements with a focus to drive optimal Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Negotiate contracts for adherence to corporate contracting standards and policies and escalate contract terms that impact the supplier risk profile for discussion and approval as appropriate.
- Work on end-to-end negotiation deals and strategic sourcing events that have moderate to high complexity.
- Use negotiation and influencing skills as needed to enlist support from across many levels of the organization to complete a transaction.
- Design, lead and manage cross-functional teams in the preparation and evaluation of end-to-end Request for Proposal (RFP) activities.
- Draft RFP requirements and other documents facilitate sessions with suppliers, review bids, conduct supplier analysis, and build supplier evaluation/selection criteria in collaboration with the business and other stakeholders.
- Make recommendations on sourcing strategies and results to the business, senior management, and other stakeholders.
- Draft and manage contracts through collaboration with Legal (e.g., master agreement, statement of work, amendment, pricing schedule, service level agreement, etc.) through the established Corporate Procurement processes.
- Prepare and communicate final key contracted terms to the business, senior management, and other stakeholders.
- Communicate Corporate Procurement processes, policies and periodic updates on the progress of related sourcing projects to the business and stakeholders, including senior management.
- Communicate and support Supplier Management standards and due diligence requirements when consulting with business customers and partner with the Supplier Management team to resolve issues or questions.
- Assess, communicate and monitor priority on contract execution based on business impact in partnership with the business, Legal, stakeholders and senior management, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Strategic Sourcing team members on sourcing strategy, best practices, and knowledge transfer.
- Support Supplier Diversity initiatives during sourcing events.
- Leverage, where practical, across multiple business lines for enterprise purchases to ensure optimal pricing, flexibility, and terms and conditions.
- Maintain awareness of changing market conditions, as well as strategic business directions and senior management directives that create opportunities for cost savings.
- Perform benchmarking, spend analysis and other research to enhance results of negotiation and sourcing events.
- Maintain sourcing documentation to support and audit the selection and sourcing process.
- Provide some operational support for enterprise purchasing categories and programs.
- Monitor and manage, with the business, contract renewal and termination dates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of related business experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years in either marketing, marketing procurement, marketing finance, marketing operations preferred.
- Experience in strategic sourcing and/or supplier management preferred.
- Experience in negotiating advertising, marketing services, marketing solutions, market research and consulting services contracts is preferred.
- Bachelors' or Master’s degree preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency of eSourcing and Ariba procurement applications preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency of Excel, PowerPoint and Word preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency of working with a contract management tool/application to ensure all documents are organized and data is entered accurately preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, writing skills and customer service orientation required.
- Project planning, negotiating, organizing, documenting and problem solving skills required.
- Requires ability to take quick, decisive action in unique and complex situations to meet corporate business objectives and business requirements.
- Knowledge of business and legal implications of proposed procurement solutions required.
-Must have ability to perform equally well in a team environment or individually.
- 1 Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Frequently)
Do to the recent events please keep these details in mind when considering a role:
- Are you still able to potentially work onsite for training? (if needed)
- Could you start earlier than the offered start date, if needed?
- Are you able to come onsite prior to the start date to obtain and set up with a laptop?
- Do you have internet access and the ability to work from home?
- Will you agree to - if you are ill, a family member is ill or if you have been exposed to the virus - to stay home?
Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- You're paid weekly
• Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
• Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
• Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
• AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
Background checks required