- San Jose, California
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lauren Friant
No one has benefits like AQUENT!
With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees.
Join a growing Creative Studio team of experienced professionals to create amazing visuals for one of the largest online marketplaces. The Visual Storyteller & Graphic Designer will work within the Creative Services department that includes Editorial and Content teams, and report directly to the Manager of Visual Design. This is a freelance opportunity for 12 months with a opportunity to extend, the role will start remote and move to onsite in San Jose, California once it's safe.
The ideal candidate will help deliver successful executive level presentations and communications led print materials, campaign extensions and digital content for key stakeholders across the company. The Graphic Designer will utilize their strong conceptual design skills to create on-brand visual experiences across Keynote, google slides and
Powerpoint presentations plus deliver more tactical visual executions for web, print, OOH and event mediums.
You must have solid knowledge of Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and attention to detail while executing consistent creative. More than anything we are looking for your creative point of view and your ability to manage the story being told through the visuals.
The ideal candidate is collaborative and loves working in a fast paced, creative team, partnering with multiple internal and external clients to produce the best possible work. They will also participate in brainstorms to uncover new communication channel and improve existing internal campaigns. They should be able to communicate design
and visual choices as well as driving a project to completion.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with colleagues and senior leaders as well as executives across the company
• Responsible for coming up with creative direction for multiple campaigns and creative executions
• Use Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop to a high standard, having a great knowledge of workflows and working fast and efficiently
• Immerse yourself in the brand and be able to translate it into applicable visuals.
Request Qualification Form
• Share insights on how to refine and improve our collective design process
• Bring energy and enthusiasm, sparking creativity with new sources of inspiration
• Every project is different: Potential deliverables include gifs, presentations, styleframes, infographics, digital display layouts, website wireframes and mocks, product demos and social media graphics.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who:
• Has at least 4-6 years of graphic design experience in house or at an agency.
• Is skilled in Sketch, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Has extensive experience with storytelling/communicating via Keynote/PowerPoint.
• Has a strong design aesthetic and style.
• Is efficient and ready to meet tight deadlines.
• Can collaborate with internal stakeholders and on both quick-turn (same day) and long-term planned programs.
• Has excellent organizational and planning skills with attention to detail
• Has excellent interpersonal, communication skills, and good attitude in a collaborative setting.
• Has the ability to work with audiences ranging from super technical engineers to world class marketers.
• Has excellent presentation skills, comfortable with presenting to the most senior leadership team.
• Can deliver final products that are on brief and near perfect the first time around. This includes translating verbal strategy, proofreading visual design and text as well as converting detailed information like data and graphs in unique and compelling ways.
What is it like working with Aquent? Aquent gets talent access to some pretty cool things including:
\− Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
− Access to Fidelity 401(k)
− Access to FSA Program
− Direct deposit for your paycheck
− Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
− Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
− Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)