- Sunnyvale, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- George Kuriakose
Aquent's client, a top Media company, is looking for a new Senior Software Engineer to join their Big Data & AI group!
This position will start off as remote due to COVID-19, but will eventually go back to being onsite at their Sunnyvale location. The talent must be local to the area.
This project will unify Data processing and AI enablement efforts under a common technology stack. The team is looking for high quality leaders and architects who are hands-on and shipped pipelines at Scale. This engineer will drive the data migration by working with existing legacy apps and designing new ETL pipelines. The candidate will be involved in enhancing and adding new AI capabilities to existing products.
Day to Day:
- Real-time/Batch Ingestion and Processing pipelines built using Apache Spark / Storm.
- Machine Learning & Offstage analytics pipelines built using Apache Spark
- Data platform & Search Systems built using HBase, Solr and ElasticSearch.
- Present solutions to teams and stakeholders and document design decisions
- Interface with DBAs, Security, Storage, and Networking to meet requirements
- Support and Troubleshoot as required during UAT and Production
- Participate in Performance Engineering activities for optimizations
- 7-8 years I ndustry experience of large scale bigdata systems development
- Solid knowledge of Scala or Java with Spark including modern language features
- Advanced skills in Databases like MySQL , Postgres, HBase, Cassandra
- Strong knowledge of OO design paradigms.
- Development experience in Linux/Unix environment.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field.
Extra Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience developing apps at scale on AWS or Azure
- Exposure to AI/ML stacks like MXNet, PyTorch , Keras, Tensor