- Cupertino, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Our client, a top tech brand is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Enigeneer for their Field Service Diagnostics Engineering team. The ideal candidate will have strong Software Quality Assurance experience to validate Mac / iOS diagnostic and repair tools used in the field service channels. This position requires a passionate and self-motivated individual with QA experience, excellent cross-functional communication skills, flexibility, and the ability to adjust to rapid change.
- 4+ years of software QA experience or a related field.
- Possess a solid understanding of software testing and QA methodologies
- Ability to extract user scenarios from software feature descriptions and requirements to translate them into effective test plans and cases.
- In-depth familiarity with operating and troubleshooting Apple hardware and software; takeapart and repair experience is a plus.
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated, and confident in managing and re-prioritizing daily tasks as needed.
- Curiosity and willingness to deep dive into technical areas as needed, and ability to summarize key points and author clear documentation.
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills, and thrives in a dynamic, collaborative team environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of Unix-based systems and command-line tools for interfacing with binaries, debugging, and automation; python or other scripting knowledge is a plus.
- Create and execute well-structured, end-to-end test plans and test cases by working with developers and interpreting functional specification documents.
- Use bug-tracking software to report and prioritize issues; work with developers and team leads to understand and pursue issues to resolution.
- Provide project managers and team leads with timely and accurate QA status and progress during all project testing phases, including summarizing testing results at project conclusion.
- Collaborate with and provide support to developers, readiness, localization, and other crossfunctional teams.
- Contribute to initiatives to improve the overall integration and QA process, such as identifying and closing gaps in testing coverage or inefficiencies in workflows.
- Execute and oversee all activities in a test plan to ensure that objectives are met.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- 24-hours Paid Sick Leave in CA
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers