- Los Angeles
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Susan Reese
Vitamin T's CPG client is seeking an Art Director for a direct-hire opportunity. Please review the must-haves prior to applying.
- Must have previous management experience
- No Creative Directors
- “LIFERS” in CPG industry
- Must-have brandside CPG experience. No more than 3 years agency experience.
- No backgrounds in toys, entertainment and beauty
- No freelancers
- 360 design experience, graphic design, package design, video design, art direction; podcast experience a plus
- Copywriting experience a plus
We are seeking an Art Director to oversee a team of designers, and assist/support the Chief Brand Officer by executing a creative strategy. The Art Director will be looked to for inspiration, leadership and creative acumen and will be responsible for attracting, developing and retaining creative talent, ensuring quality and effectiveness of the creative output.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Responsible for defining and leading the global creative vision for in alignment with marketing, product development, and digital strategies and business objectives
• Lead creation of branding to ensure delivery of market-moving, break through creative across all customer facing touch points, including packaging product, marketing collateral, digital, social media channels, public relations, and sales materials, among other things
• Work closely and build relationships with Brand Marketing, Global Marketing, Product Development, Creative Services, Ecommerce, and Marketing Communications and Media teams to drive the creative strategy across the Company
• Ensure that brand and visual identity is consistently applied to all collateral and marketing materials across the company. Drive creative consistency into global markets. Ensure consistent application of the brand, internally and externally.
• Conceptualize and lead the effort to design and deliver the brand style guide and creative assets for packaging and digital platforms • Provide the vision for photography and direct all photography efforts for use in packaging, social media, and Ecommerce
• Direct and ensure photography and video imagery is consistent with the Brand and Creative Vision
• Ensure execution of a thoughtful creative strategy and positive user interface across multiple digital platforms.
• Deliver innovative creative solutions • Manage and lead the Creative Services team by demonstrating enthusiasm for the creative landscape and new technologies; and contributing strong, inspirational, and relevant creative thinking. Ensure the Creative Team delivers on business objectives.
• Design - Generates innovative creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail; Have an eye on the next trend, tech, emerging platform as it relates to design execution and content types.
• Innovation - Embraces and champions new and innovative ideas and processes that will improve efficiency and increase profits, and encourages others to do likewise. Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness and comes up with solutions to barriers. Develops innovative processes and ideas in alignment with the Standard of Excellence and Innovation
• Customer Focus - Personally demonstrates that external (or internal) customers are a high priority. Identifies customer needs and expectations and responds to them in a timely and effective manner. Anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can adversely affect the customer. Keeps customers informed about the status of pending actions and inquire about customer satisfaction with products or services
• Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
• Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Improves processes, products and services.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities. Work diligently and efficiently within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment to ensure that all creative objectives and deadlines are met.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively, Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Highly effective presentation and communication skills.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Education / Experience / Qualifications: • Minimum 8 plus years industry experience or related creative process experience combining creative strategy, content, and messaging with creative deliverables.
• Experience working with high-visibility brands with many invested stakeholders.
• Proven ability to lead, motivate and inspire both internal and external creative teams
• Understanding of all dimensions of communication: business strategy and experience design, with the ability to translate this into effective innovative, but integrated marketing programs.
• Proven ability to execute visionary design strategies.
• Expert knowledge in Macintosh platform, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and QuarkXPress.
• Expert knowledge in the graphic production process.
Our client will provide a relocation package for candidates located anywhere in the United States