- Seattle, Washington
- Job Terms:
- $45 an hour
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chloe Carter-Hernandez
We're searching for a UX Designer who is extraordinary at designing interactive experiences for users of all ages. You will be accountable for design work across a portfolio spanning web, iOS, and macOS.
You will have passion for collaborating closely with partners and leaders across the organization to refine our thinking.
- 3-6+ years experience designing consumer facing digital experiences (web, app, social, chat, video).
- Proven expertise in multiple areas of UX design, including research, IA, visual, prototyping, etc.
- Mastery of design tools (Sketch, Keynote, Photoshop, prototyping tools).
- Ability to build and organize design artifacts (flows, journey maps, service blueprints, wires, mocks, prototypes, specs, related documentation).
- Familiarity with design systems and branding guidelines.
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience with accessibility, localization, and internationalization.
- Experience working on a high performing team, collaborating with product managers, engineers, researchers, leadership, and other key partners.
- An online portfolio of professional work is required.
In this role, your work will focus on designing interactive experiences and technologies that help learners from a variety of backgrounds to grapple with, and learn to work through, complex challenges in machine learning.
You will define and align on problem statements and genuine user needs while collecting and synthesizing background information from all likely sources. You will challenge your own thinking through engaged debate and collaboration, and explore and create concepts that show the breadth of your thinking. You have the ability to handle your own time and stay on top of things. It will be important to show your work and keep it organized and logical while eliminating confusion and getting to the bottom of issues quickly. Additional responsibilities include:
Build understanding using concise communications and presentations.
Build strong relationships with everyone and spend time working directly with them.
Eliminate confusion and get to the bottom of issues quickly. Know when to escalate.
Be calm and professional under pressure. Have composure and decorum. Be a diplomat for the design team when our point of view is the key to customer success.
Invest ways to infuse learning with joy and play.
Have fun and be yourself.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (UX/Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design or similar degrees preferred)