- Santa Monica
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Shawn Sharp
This AAA game studio is all about craft, creating story, innovating, and looking ahead to the next big thing, and looking for collaborative problem solvers who want to dive into something new and create groundbreaking experiences for our players.
As a lighting and look development Artist, you are responsible for developing depth of scene and atmospheres, as well as tone and mood, via lighting and color balancing. You will demonstrate a strong sense of telling story via light and shadow, and have proven knowledge of color theory, as well as demonstrated capabilities with a wide range of styles and compositions.
• Light characters and environments, including interiors and exteriors, according to design, aesthetic, and stylistic criteria
• Enhance mood or establish tone for a variety of in game and cinematic experiences
• Pivot based on constructive feedback and direction provided by key stakeholders
• Deliver on schedule, working collaboratively and efficiently, while adhering to production and/or development milestones or pipeline
• At least 6 years game development experience, specifically in cinematics lighting, including demonstrated experience “owning” lighting for a level
• Experience with 3D packages such as Maya
• Look-dev for environment / character
• Unreal / Unity / or real time experience is a plus