- Austin, TX
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
Our large fin-tech client located in Austin is seeking a UX/UI Designer for a longterm contract assignment. This position is onsite with some remote flex. Full-time, contract
We will be redesigning our Help Center to be more Workflow oriented with new automated functionality. This re-imagining of the service experience will lead to smoother interactions, higher containment, and more satisfied customers.
Compass UX Overhaul: The Compass (internal Teammate experience) is undergoing a UX overhaul, moving from a static approach where information must be sought out to a more intuitive and contextual experience. When teammates are utilizing the tool they will have key information about the customer easily view-able (without any clicks) and will have features such as elastic search and intent prediction, to aid them in quickly finding the information they need to complete the call/chat. The new functionality being built will provide User Interface Design services for this new Compass UI. The UI that teammates interact with will be completely re-imagined to provide a more intuitive and helpful experience. We expect this project to run at least
through year end (December 31, 2020) as we work to make changes to the Compass UI. This work will be the foundation of the future state teammate experience and will provide a UX framework which can be leveraged in the years to come.
The new Bot and Messaging platform requires a User Experience designer to focus on the build and roll-out. The consultant will create new features and a new, re-imagined, experience for customers that interact with us via the bot whether it be on the website, mobile app, mobile web, or Social Media.
- Help Data Center environment redesign.
- Develop workflow-oriented structure desired; when customers come through, they will be taken through steps in more dynamic manner
- Tools potentially impacted: Focus would be compass- could be including other tools that we should be using compass for help center- will include both desktop and mobile (devise optimization).
- Create highly effective user-focused experiences and interfaces across a variety of environments (mobile, web apps, dashboards, etc.)
- Create and maintain design documentation including wireframes, user flows, information architecture, and
- Create and demonstrate interactive prototypes, and validate designs with product team, stakeholders, and users
- Collaborate with other team members to understand customer needs and interpret them into design elements
- Drive up to date on industry and user experience trends, best practices, and technology and promote them within the larger UX team
At a minimum 4+ years work experience focused on design (with projects focused on web/mobile, ideally with
some consumer focused products) including:
o design thinking,
o user research,
o interaction design,
o wireframes, mocks, prototypes
o UX/Design training/education
o Experience working directly with stakeholders and users
o Link to portfolio (and expect that portfolio is polished & impressive)
some experience to be at companies considered to have good UI/UX (ex: Uber, Airbnb, Google, Facebook, etc.)
Do to the recent events please keep these details in mind when considering a role:
- Are you still able to potentially work onsite for training? (if needed)
- Could you start earlier than the offered start date, if needed?
- Are you able to come onsite prior to the start date to obtain and set up with a laptop?
- Do you have internet access and the ability to work from home?
- Will you agree to - if you are ill, a family member is ill or if you have been exposed to the virus - to stay home?
Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- You're paid weekly
• Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
• Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
• Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
• AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
Background checks required