- Hartford, CT
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
Our large insurance client located in Hartford, CT is seeking a Product Manager for a full-time contract position until the end of the year - with potential for extension.
The Product Manager is accountable for defining and managing all aspects of various products as they grow in scope and depth.
Candidates are highly organized and proactive with excellent written and verbal communications skills, relevant experience working within a startup environment and commercializing ideas. Ideal candidate has experience launching, leading, or growing a startup and should possess the ability and desire to manage a matrix of business stakeholders. • Five or more years’ experience in entrepreneurship and/or business development
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Act as the internal voice of the customer for the project team.
• Collaborate with project leads and other business stakeholders to define, refine, and prioritize features and initiatives.
• Partner with Innovation Technical Team to build, test and implement product features.
• Develop and implement strategies to help deepen relationships with current customers and solicit meaningful feedback which will be used to improve the product.
• Develop and create strategic partnerships with external partners to help move the business forward.
• Use research, web analytics and other data to identify improvements to customer experience and work closely with marketers and designers to implement changes.
• Lead marketing initiatives with developing strategies and content.
• Five or more years’ experience in entrepreneurship and/or business development
• Experience working across teams to commercialize a product or service
• Broad professional network
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
BA/BS in Business, Entrepreneurship, or equivalent work experience in running a startup and/or Project Management.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
• Entrepreneurial attitude and creative mindset.
• Experience in a startup environment highly preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to lead across teams with persuasion.
• Great interpersonal skills and relationship management experience.
• Experience articulating and testing product hypotheses.
• Ability to decompose complex problems into prioritized actionable steps.
• Strong Project Management abilities.
• Working knowledge of digital content marketing and social media and web analytics.
Do to the recent events please keep these details in mind when considering a role:
- Are you still able to potentially work onsite for training? (if needed)
- Could you start earlier than the offered start date, if needed?
- Are you able to come onsite prior to the start date to obtain and set up with a laptop?
- Do you have internet access and the ability to work from home?
- Will you agree to - if you are ill, a family member is ill or if you have been exposed to the virus - to stay home?
Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- You're paid weekly
• Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
• Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
• Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
• AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
Background checks required