- Woonsocket, RI
- Job Terms:
- DOE + well subsidized benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Emily Restrepo
The Field Merchandising Analyst is responsible for providing detailed business analysis and support to the local field merchant team. Analysis will include sales, margin, retail pricing, and trending of both internal and market level data. You also will be responsible for performing root cause analysis, problem resolution, category research and identifying potential strategic opportunities. You will coordinate work streams related to item selection and set up; promotional, seasonal and off-shelf activities; vendor communication; strategic insight development; and reporting. As the Field Marketing Analyst you will have a minimum of 2 years of experience with MS of Excel, including ability to construct and manipulate pivot tables, financial models, and at least 1 year of advanced experience with Excel functions (e.g., vlookup, index, match, etc) 2 years of experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, adjusting priorities as needed and meeting deadlines while utilizing the highest level of attention to detail along with advanced skills with spreadsheets, databases and presentation software, including a strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
• Collaborate with Field Merchandising Team(s) to scope and plan any and all financial and quantitative analyses that will aid in day-to-day management of the business and yield critical answers to longer-term strategic questions.
• Understand the required data sets to complete the analyses and procure them accordingly.
• Lead the timely delivery of zero-defect analyses to support insight development.
• Run ad hoc analysis upon request and provide actionable insights with recommendations for next steps.
• Run regular sales reporting to analyze market data and assist in decision making.
• Partner with internal and external teams to build and or execute sales strategies.
• Assist in day to day product management activities; new item set up, pricing and vendor support.
• Support price change functions and activities within the Alcohol business
Communication & Business Reporting:
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and on paper, to Merchandising and Cross-Functional teams throughout the organization.
• Partner with outside suppliers to assist with communication and reporting on sales performance, seasonal sales and sell thru and ad planning.
• Distill findings and craft a succinct and powerful business case that effectively communicates actionable recommendations
• Previous Retail Experience a plus (1-3 Years) with demonstrated ability to multi-task.
• Problem Solving, candidate must have the ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach, structure, analyze and develop recommended solutions.
• Communication Skills- Ability to partner and collaborate across multiple departments
• 3+ years of analytical experience in a business environment
• Demonstrate Proficiency in Microsoft excel and power point
- Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
- Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
- Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
- This includes altering the products they offer at retail to more health-conscious offerings!
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK THROUGH AQUENT:
- We care about your CAREER GOALS.
- We offer resume & portfolio review + interview prep. You'll feel set for success!
- Learn for free: https://thegymnasium.com/
- Who is AQUENT: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM
- Pay it forward: https://aquent.com/rewards/
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized (up to 85%) of your health, vision and dental benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
- Check our Benefits out.