- Hartford, Connecticut
- Job Terms:
- Competitive w/ full benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- PJ Farnham
- No one has benefits like AQUENT!
With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees.
Our client seeking a Big Data Infrastructure Engineer (contractor) to join a knowledgeable, highly-skilled and motivated team responsible for the delivery, support and maintenance of the Big Data Platform. The ideal candidate would have a deep knowledge of Big Data technologies and would be able to hit the ground running. This individual would need to understand the differences between Hadoop 3 and Hadoop 2 and understand the different distributions of Hadoop that are on the market (HDP/CDP/CDH).
The candidate knowable about the following:
• 4(-/+) years of experience with administration of Hadoop (HDFS, YARN, Spark, Hive, HBase, Solr, Ranger)
• 3+ years of experience in a 24×7 high-availability production environment
• 3+ years of experience building and managing distributed systems.
• Experience in Infrastructure automation (Ansible, Salt and Puppet).
• Knowledge of code source control like Git.
• Experience with the following languages (Python, Java, Scala, BASH, etc) would be highly beneficial
• Experience with Splunk or Elastic Search would be beneficial
• Working knowledge of web technologies and protocols (NoSQL/JSON/REST/JMS).
• Demonstrates broad knowledge of multiple infrastructure disciplines.
• Demonstrates ability to learn quickly and problem solve.
• Understands the concepts and technology ecosystem around both real-time and batch processing in Hadoop.
• Excellent written/oral communication skills - You speak and write English fluently.
- Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
- Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
- Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
- This includes altering the products they offer at retail to more health-conscious offerings!
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK THROUGH AQUENT:
We care about your CAREER GOALS.
- We offer resume & portfolio review + interview prep. You'll feel set for success!
- Learn for free: https://thegymnasium.com/
- Who is AQUENT: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM
- Pay it forward: https://aquent.com/rewards/
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized (up to 85%) of your health, vision and dental benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
- Check our Benefits out. Up to 85% subsidy