- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- two weeks notice
- Posted By:
- Erika Fematt
AQUENT is looking for an exceptional Technical Advisory Writer candidate to create, develop and publish technical documentation to assist our customers with solutions related to computing devices. We are looking for someone that has prompt actions, effective follow through, proactive discipline and excellent customer communications.
- This role is long term, indefinite duration, and will be onsite in Spring, TX once approved to return to onsite.
- No relocation is offered for this role, the best candidate will already live in the Houston area, and be able to start within two weeks notice.
- Must have working knowledge of computer system hardware and software, primarily desktop and notebook PC systems
- Prior experience in PC-based hardware and support-oriented technical writing is strongly preferred.
This position is responsible for:
- Drafting, reviewing, editing, validating and publishing product support content which is often highly technical and under a short deadline.
- Developing strong internal and external relationships, helping drive preventive actions to improve future product quality, and driving continuous process and procedural improvements that help us work more efficiently and effectively
This technical writing position requires detailed knowledge of PC components and technologies in order to develop and publish product support content.
The successful candidate will work closely with engineers and others to create this content and will have excellent organizational skills, excellent writing techniques and the ability to work extremely well with others.
The position deliverables include, but are not limited to:
- Managing queues for product advisory requests
- Drafting, managing reviews for, finalizing and publishing product advisories
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with regional product advisory contacts to ensure efficiency and to help drive ongoing operational improvements
- Reporting and escalating issues with systems related to advisories
- Participate in routine and ad hoc meetings pertaining to advisories and related customer communications
- Promote quality and customer experience improvements in all work related activities
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Technical Communications, Computer Science or a related technical / communications field and a minimum of 1-3 years related experience or equivalent.
- Preference for prior work experience developing or assisting in the development of technical documentation for both internal (company) and external (customer and partner) audiences