- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Erika Fematt
AQUENT is looking for a Technical / Advisory Writer to join our team. This position is responsible for drafting, reviewing, editing, validating and publishing product support content which is often highly technical and under a short deadline. This position is also responsible for developing strong internal and external relationships, helping drive preventive actions to improve future product quality, and driving continuous process and procedural improvements that help us work more efficiently and effectively. Prior experience in PC-based hardware and support-oriented technical writing is strongly preferred.
This role is long term, indefinite duration, and will be onsite in Spring, TX (near Houston), No relocation.
The position deliverables include, but are not limited to:
• Managing queues for product advisory requests
• Drafting, managing reviews for, finalizing and publishing product advisories
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with regional product advisory contacts to ensure efficiency and to help drive ongoing operational improvements
• Reporting and escalating issues with systems related to advisories
• Participate in routine and ad hoc meetings pertaining to advisories and related customer communications
• Promote quality and improvements in all work related activities
• Bachelor's degree in English, Technical Communications, Computer Science or a related technical / communications field and a minimum of 1-3 years related experience or equivalent.
• Preference for prior work experience developing or assisting in the development of technical documentation for both internal (company) and external (customer and partner) audiences
• Working knowledge of computer system hardware and software, primarily desktop and notebook PC systems
• Experience with XML, XML authoring tools, HTML and content management systems required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Project management and strong organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple active projects / tasks in parallel through planning and successful execution of plans
• High level of self-supervision and the ability to determine priorities and juggle multiple responsibilities in parallel
• Fluent in English and understands Global Clean English standards