- Chicago, IL 60606
- Job Terms:
- 145K+ depending on experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chelsea Caudill
AQUENT is seeking a Senior level UX Designer / Lead UX Designer for a full-time permanent position with a Financial Services client in Chicago, IL. This position is a very unique role that will be focused on our client's trade experience. You will be leading the design team for Trade experiences across both web and mobile. Your work will appear on our client's main .com website and their highly ranked mobile apps for both iOS and Android.
The ideal Lead UX Designer will be comfortable working as a player-coach: you can create a strategic vision, share it out with upper management, or get deep into Sketch and design a solution yourself. For quick apply, please email your portfolio & resume directly to Chelsea Caudill - firstname.lastname@example.org - subject line: Chicago UX Lead.
Lead UX Designer Requirements:
- Background with financial applications is important, and experience with brokerage software is ideal.
- This role requires both the ability to lead with vision as well as be hands on.
- Track record of success, with prior experience leading a UX product design team.
- 8 + years of rich interaction design focused on digital products. Web and mobile experience: iOS, Android, responsive web.
- An online portfolio demonstrating interaction design process and design thinking.
- Experienced with all aspects of a user-centered interaction design process, including user research, developing user flows, creating wireframes, conducting usability tests and creating annotated design specifications.
- Grounded in Design Thinking and working collaboratively within a cross disciplinary team.
- You have experience being a part of an acquisition.
- Skilled at leading design workshops for ideation, journey mapping, and vision work.
- Effective at advocating for design with your technology and business partners.
- You understand great designs are achieved iteratively.
- Ideally, a degree in a relevant field: HCI, UX, Interaction design, graphic design, or some combination of Interaction and Visual Design.
- Proficient in design tools like Sketch, Omnigraffle, Axure.
Lead UX Designer Responsibilities:
- You will help craft next generation experiences that will lead in the Fintech mobile and web space.
- Work with the UX Leadership team to think holistically across the connected experience for customers.
- You will partner with leadership for the responsive web, Chat/Intelligent Assistant, Product Management, our dev partners, and the design system team.
- You are a systems thinker and who understands how to leverage existing interaction patterns and innovate where it adds the most value.
- You will consult with the web team on responsive designs to bridge the experience between web and mobile, utilizing the underlying OS patterns where it creates efficiencies and makes sense.
Why your work matters:
- You will support an engaged set of users who rely on our products to manage their financial lives
- By researching and understanding the user needs you will be able to impact how our users do business with us.
- You will learn how to balance functionality against complexity on a highly visible platform which serves millions of advisors and retail customers.
- You will work with an engaged design team that fosters a learning environment.
Day to day:
- Understand design systems, how to apply them, and how to contribute to them.
- You will be the point of contact and a contributor for Trade related design system artifacts and questions.
- Contributing to the design system in partnership with the Director is part of this role.
- Focus on outcomes and how to get things done within a large company. You understand leading through influence.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, but you drive towards clarity and purpose.
- Facilitate collaborative design sessions including sketching and ideation.
- Lead design reviews and drive decisions.
- Effectively “sell” design solutions to partners through design storytelling and by demonstrating trace-ability in the design thinking.
- Represent the design team brand, and deliver a consistent design process to partners.
- Set expectations with the project team and prioritize activities.
- Create and maintain design schedules.
- Communicate status and agreements with project team.
- Review work with UX managers, keep them updated on project status and escalate items appropriately.
- Coordinate with the UX Research team on usability testing, heuristic reviews, ethnography studies and ensuring that our design decisions are based on data.
It’s not often that we get to say “yeah, but just listen to what they offer…” about our larger clients. Most people look at the awesome job description, then read “Financial Services Industry” and move on. We’ve heard it a thousand times! Know what else we’ve heard at this client just as much? “Wow! I’m so glad I took this job! This is not your father’s financial services company!”
Work here and experience:
- Opportunities to work with cutting-edge digital business strategies & projects
- Huge work-life balance culture
- Diversity-focused workplace
- Strong potential for temp-to-perm conversion (almost half of the people we've placed here have converted to a permanent position, either the one they're working in, or in a related department)
- Great Aquent community to work with onsite, including our bi-annual talent recognition program, which stems from the client managers’ own feedback (read: they’re engaged and interested in your future!)
- Don’t forget the massive points on your resume for being part of a cutting-edge team, leading the way in breathing fresh air into the financial services industry
With a customer experience focus in mind, our client is leading the way in the financial industry with their digital marketing & technology platforms. They recognize that today’s customers are technically savvy & independent as well as highly creative, and they’re working to be the best at serving them. We see this through how they are building platforms that allow customers to take ownership of their financial future, using video, animation, and social media to market to the end user. Their in-house digital agency has won numerous IHAF awards for their tools and cutting-edge technology. Working with this company, you would be working with groups and/or department such as an IHAF awarded digital agency, user experience, product development, communication strategy team and much more talented professionals like yourself. Come join us!