- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- PJ Kitchen
With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees.
We are looking for an Instructional Designer to join our Utility company client's Training & Development Team for a 12+ month assignment! This person will conduct job and task analysis, use the ADDIE approach to conduct analysis, design and develop training for field employees.
This is a primarily remote position, but must be available to go to sites to meet with SME's (Rosemeade, Alhambra & Chino) as needed.
Primary responsibilities include coordinating, planning, developing, implementing, and assessing training programs and services as follows:
- Coordinate activities associated with delivery of learning curriculum from needs assessment through concept, pilot, implementation and evaluation.
- Provide administrative support to key offerings associated with the corporate workforce development initiative.
- Foster key relationships with HR, TAI, managers, leaders, and senior leaders corporate wide to collaboratively assess and support workforce development.
- Schedule courses; establish/maintain relationships with internal SMEs and external vendors; meet and support SMEs/Vendors on the day of course offerings; assist participants
- Provide detailed operational and logistic support to OE training functions
- Analyze course effectiveness based on observations/student feedback; recommend changes
- Develop blended learning solutions using Adobe, Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop, Captivate, Flash, Dreamweaver, Articulate, Presenter, Engage, Quizmaker, SnagIt, web conferencing technology, or similar applications
- Provide detailed operational and logistical support to OE training and learning functions
- Prepare, organize, edit course material; ensure compliance with corporate/security standards
- Ensure sufficient number of course participants by advertising the class as needed
- Effectively operate classroom technology to support classes, webinars, and meetings
- Proactively identify, develop and help lead improvements to ensure effective and efficient processes
- Edit courseware as needed
- Keep abreast of training industry best practices, along with computing and IT skills, to make recommendations for improvement
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues, vendors, and procurement
- Seek opportunities to bring work unit or cross-functional teams together to share information and solve problems
- May train and mentor others in work process and procedures
- Analytical skills
- Instructional design & elearning development using storyline
- Job and task analysis knowledge and experience (highly desired)
- Technical writing
- Vision other elearning software (e.g., captivate, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, instructional design, business or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Typically possesses seven or more years of experience developing and/or delivering training.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both technical and non-technical material in an readily understandable manner.