- Seattle, Wa
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Althea Ochoa
**With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees**
As a Senior UX Engineer your role is to facilitate creative ideas and translate them into innovative technological solutions. You will have a thorough grounding in user experience best practices and also have the ability to build scalable solutions on top of modern technologies. Your responsibilities will include creating and delivering exceptional technological design solutions that exceed business and user expectations.
You will work across a wide variety of technologies to help support the clients design system, by creating tools and infrastructure which are targeted to improve the design-to-code pipeline. The ideal candidate should have a strong interest for design systems and design tools, as well as being a highly skilled software developer who is passionate about creating products that help others perform their jobs better.
You’ll be entrusted to create software solutions that help scale design systems. You will work closely with other UX engineers and designers on our team as well as our partners to plan, design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain robust software and services to support our design-to-code efforts.
In addition, you will:
• Maintain high standards of software quality by writing clean, well-documented code that prioritizes maintainability and testability
• Design, develop, and test software in accordance with established OOP standards, patterns, and best practices
• Participate in peer reviews of solution designs and related code
• Collaborate with partner engineers to consider their specific requirements and translate those requirements into applicable code
As an ideal candidate, you will:
- Have skills in software programming and UI design
- Have an eye for detail and a strong design sensibility
- Be adaptable and able to pick up new techniques/technologies quickly
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be familiar with the Windows OS
- You are a talented software engineer who is a systems thinker and passionate about how design comes to life.
- You are deeply familiar with the end-to-end product design lifecycle, and have delivered solutions which have had impact at scale.
- You are a results-oriented collaborator, and a nimble developer with keen design sensibilities.
- You have experience interpreting designs into fully functional interactive experiences, and quickly learning new tools and technologies.
- Best of all, you understand and appreciate the end-to-end design process and know how to merge that knowledge with established development processes.
- You will be working collaboratively with both Design and Development disciplines, to help deliver solutions that are powerful, usable and intuitive.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Digital Interaction Design, or related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience
- 5+ years of experience developing interactive digital applications
- 5+ years of experience using modern web technologies, patterns, and tools such as MV*, REST, VS Code, TypeScript, Node.js, and asynchronous programming.
Expertise/Experience (must have):
- Proven experience with TypeScript
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts and patterns for Object Oriented programming
- Knowledge of and/or prior experience with custom integrated tooling (plugins) for Sketch, Adobe XD or Figma
- Knowledge of and/or prior experience with design tokens and design to code pipelines
- A broad portfolio of prior development work, demonstrating capabilities described above
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.