- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- James Ward
Yes, We Are Hiring! The good news during these challenging times is our globally recognized Fortune 100 brand, continues to build their in-house UX Design Team and would like for you to join the movement. This one year freelance role (with opportunity to extend) is for a User Interface Designer, currently remote but hopefully will return to onsite in NYC (downtown 1 New York Plaza), 40 hours a week, healthcare benefits provided, 401K, 5 paid sick days, more.
What You Will Do:
- As a User Interface Designer, you have a passion for creating engaging digital experiences, an eye for clean and artful design, possess a superior visual design skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful and functional user interfaces.
- Being part of this growing team, you will deliver end-to-end design solutions beginning with an in-depth analysis of design challenges, develop concepts and design recommendations, interaction user-flows, prototyping and testing across multiple platforms
- Understand and communicate component application, best practices, present design concepts and justify why design solutions are preferable from both a design, customer and business perspective
- Influence stakeholders regarding UI/UX best practices, create best in class designs that are both intuitive and aesthetically pleasing for the Financial and Client side platforms
- Partner with various UX Designer to provide for guidance within their Design Systems and specific projects (redesign Icons, update features on platforms)
- Transform objective into innovative solutions that support user’s needs across all platforms and develop product features that are functional, accessible and visually appealing
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards, create designs that are compliant, conduct comprehensive accessibility reviews and testing to compliance
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering as well as review user adoption of deliverables and acceptance testing
- As the UI Designer within the UX Design and Research Team, you will bring superior visual design skills to take digital capability to the next level for the client’s customers. You will work across digital platforms and assist solving business and customer challenges with fellow UI and UX designers, whilst working with a wider group of stakeholders including technical (dev) teams and product owners.
What You Need:
- A portfolio of digital design work that demonstrates your process, with a focus on web and app design.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a key member of a design team participating in the development lifecycle of successfully launched consumer websites and or products
- Excellent skills producing visual design comps, cuts and guides, and full-fledged design style guides
- Fluent in responsive design, mobile/tablet UX/UI and obsessed with good user-centered design practices and have an eye for detail
- Passionate about understanding current and emerging UX/UI trends
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage priorities.
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs./wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume to: email@example.com