- Seattle, Washington
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Megan Holstine
No one has benefits like AQUENT!
With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees.
Our client, a multinational consumer electronics retailer, has several Mobile app teams headquartered in Seattle. They are charged with owning the mobile apps, including apps on emerging non-PC platforms (Smart TV, Consoles, etc). This team’s primary focus is the iOS Retail app using iPhones and iPads to enable the multi-channel consumer electronics shopper to make better, more confident buying decisions, connect with product information, bridge the online and in-store experience, and activate support and service.
Our client is seeking innovative and technically curious technologists to join us as we make a huge impact in the e-commerce and digital health space. A position with our client offers the opportunity to apply your talents and creative energy to deliver high performing solutions at one of the TOP 10 e-commerce sites in North America. They are the largest multi-channel consumer electronics retailer in the world and technology is at the heart of our organization.
Position Summary/Job Description:
- You will be part of their Digital Advertising mobile apps engineering team responsible for designing and implementing technical solutions that will reach massive scale.
- You will also be working on the native apps for their new Health initiatives.
- Contribute to the architecture and development of the digital platform and tools to support key e-commerce, digital health, and cloud technology initiatives.
- You will build and enhance core tools that are needed to support development, testing and integrations leading to Continuous Delivery.
- Use your creative and innovation-driven mindset to articulate engineering design strategies related to scale, performance, security, and usability.
- Designing back-end services and abstractions to help mobile apps retrieve information from various domain services.
What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
- 4-6 years of software development experience
- 2+ years of native iOS development experience
- You feel at home in a test-driven, agile team
- Proficiency with Object Oriented Design principles and patterns
- Solid technical communication skills with business partners and other engineer teams
- Experience using distributed version control systems, such as Git
- Experience with bug tracking software such as Jira
- Experience with BDD using tools such as Mocha or Jasmine
- Proficiency with Linux command line
- Experience in understanding different integration patterns and their usage during testing
- Experience with modern web technologies
Our client is a consumer electronics retailer whose focus is to enrich the lives of consumers through technology, whether it be online, in-store or in the comfort of a customer's home. The company solves technology problems by addressing key human needs across a range of areas, including entertainment, productivity, communication, food, security and most recently, health. Their roadmap for health initiatives will be transforming them into a leading Digital Heath Retailer.
Supporting this transformation, is a strong focus on customer experience, service over process and a commitment to moving from an established enterprise culture of how to get things done, to an entrepreneurial culture that is noticeable within minutes of walking into their HQ. In an industry that is always changing, the company prides themselves on being an exciting and rewarding place to work. People are empowered to be their best selves and utilize their unique talents to deliver a world-class customer experience and enrich lives through technology.
NO ONE HAS BENEFITS LIKE AQUENT! Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- This engagement qualifies for unique PTO and paid Holidays
- Subsidized (up to 85%!) health, vision and dental benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
- Weekly direct deposit
- Resume & portfolio review + interview prep. You'll be set-up for success!
- Free continued learning: https://thegymnasium.com/
Who is AQUENT? www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM