- Cumberland, RI
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lindsay DesRochers
With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees.
Job Title: UI Developer/ Architect
Job Location: Rhode Island OR Boston OR Northbrook, IL OR remote for the right candidate
Salary/Pay Rate: $55-61 hourly DOE
Firm, non-negotiable: No
Duration: ASAP - 1-year * likely to extend
MUST HAVE: experince with React and React Native
As a UI Architect, you will be creating innovative digital solutions that will make health care more accessible, more integrated, and more reliable for more people, both online and in our stores. In the role of UI Architect you will engage in the architecture, design, implementation, and documentation of UI architecture. This role is also hands-on and needs leading by example with proof of concepts, reference implementations and supporting architectural guides in addition to presenting and evangelizing this work. This role is also ideal for a Sr UI Engineer looking to get into UI Architecture. Some of the responsibilities include:
What will you be doing?
· Building POCs. Help and support developers in implementing architectural suggestions and guidelines.
· Pushing the envelope in adopting new technologies, best design practices to ensure our products are the best in usability.
· Learning the applications capabilities and ensure the technical feasibility of UI designs.
· Providing technical and architectural support to UI team members and being a team player.
· Contribute to architecture, design, and implementation of enterprise class UI.
· Conducting design and code reviews with a major focus on best user experience, performance, scalability, security and future expansion.
· The person in this role is expected to be innovative and to coach others to be innovative.
· Direct, and produce technical designs/architectures at a project, product, and program level with proficiency in the areas of design/UI integrity, service continuity, component redundancy, security, etc.
· Collaborate with visual, experience designers and engineers to implement new features.
· Mentor and coach junior engineers and seek opportunity to bring in continuous improvements to implement front-end best practices.
· Work closely with project team members (UX designers, Product Management, Business Analysts, Software Developers)
What We’re Looking For
· 5+ years of experience on UI frameworks such as AngularJS, JQuery, Ajax, CSS, HTML5, CSS pre-processors (SASS, LESS etc.)
· Experience with responsive, adaptive UI design and development
· Experience with BackboneJS, Angular, Polymer and other popular front-end frameworks.
· Basic Knowledge of NodeJS and related server side concepts.
· Extensive experience working on ES6/ES7/ES8, UI Middleware.
· Experience working on:
· UI sharing: Web Components, Micro-frontends, Control/Pattern libraries and tools
· State management: Flux, Redux, NGRX and related patterns
· Packaging and bundling technologies and library management tools
· Detail oriented, cross-browser implementation aware and hands on performance optimizations.
· UX success factors accessibility, usability and aesthetics
· Develop micro-components, microservices and deploy on cloud platforms like GCP, Amazon EC2, Azur etc.
· Server-side: micro-services, CDNs, data caches and stores
· Jenkins, CI/CD Pipeline, GIT and other DevOps principles
· A systems thinker, able to move fluidly between high-level abstract thinking and detail-oriented implementation; open minded to new ideas, approaches, and possesses the technical ability to implement ideas.
· Experience working with Agile development frameworks.
· A self-starter that is naturally inquisitive, requiring only small pieces to the puzzle, across many technologies – new and legacy.
· BS degree in Computer Science
This client is a fantastic consideration for those who want to combine working with a large retail brand and a true “do-good”, customer-centric focus. Most people we’ve placed here say the company’s loyalty to and personalization within the healthcare services industry is a standout characteristic. Their approach to this way of thinking about their business and the industry is having a direct impact on the size of the teams, and we’re seeing massive growth. What a time to get involved!
Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
This includes altering the products they offer at retail to more health-conscious offerings!
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK THROUGH AQUENT:
We care about your CAREER GOALS.
- We offer resume & portfolio review + interview prep. You'll feel set for success!
- Learn for free: https://thegymnasium.com/
- Who is AQUENT: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM
- Pay it forward: https://aquent.com/rewards/
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized (up to 85%) of your health, vision and dental benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
- Check our Benefits out. Up to 85% subsidy