- New York
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- James Ward
Calling Front-End Visual Designers!
Our forward-thinking business casual Fortune 500 client who is rated as a Top-10 Online Bank as well as having partnerships with Apple Card, is in need of a long term freelance Front End Visual Designer to join their Creative Services Team.
This role is 40 hours a week, starting as remote until the health crisis eases, office located in NYC, healthcare benefits provided, 401k, 5 paid sick days, more. This role is 6 months plus with opportunity to extend and/or convert.
What You Will Do:
- As a Front-End Visual Designer, you will design of multiple projects such as emails, social and digital web content, display ads, video, and occasionally print collateral.
- As part of the internal Creative Services team, you will collaborate with team members in Brand, Product, Marketing, Content, Operations, Design, and Legal departments. This role will report directly to the director of Creative Services and will be responsible for producing creative collateral that is customer-centric in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Work closely with the Social Media team to develop concepts for all of our current platforms.
- Design and storyboard display ads using latest design standards, create designs that meet compliance requirements. Ensure the technical feasibility of designs across multiple browsers and devices.
- Create designs that rigorously align with brand guidelines, using brand fonts, colors, and sense of compositional space to project the brand tone and personality.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g. Brand, Product, Marketing, Design, Legal and Compliance) to create designs according to creative brief specs and timeline.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines, from quick-turnarounds to longer, in-depth projects.
What You Need:
- Open to all industries, but experience in a heavily regulated industry a plus.
- A strong, clean set of online samples for design work are required for this role.
- Strong design skills, with a good understanding of typography, hierarchy, space and color palette.
- Excellent understanding of user-experience design, technology trends, demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant work.
- Proactive team player, collaborative, able to synthesize multiple inputs and feedback from Creative and Marketing team members.
- Comfortable in an agile, fast-paced environment working on multiple assignments at a time.
- Ability to work within an existing style and visual guidelines/design systems while creating fresh and innovative design.
- Savvy user of essential social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram)
- Knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, responsive design and current design best practices.
- Strong organization and project management skills. Excellent visual, verbal and written communication. Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and prioritize high volume of work under tight deadlines, ability to work efficiently under pressure in an agile environment.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with HTML5 development tools like Google Web Designer, HTML5, HTML tables, CSS3, and animation libraries like Greenstock.
- InVision, Zeplin, and Figma for mocking up designs, Litmus and Email on Acid email QA tools.
- Experience with how HTML emails render across multiple browsers and email clients. Experience with the idiosyncratic quirks and bugs of email clients and browsers like Outlook and Microsoft Edge.
- Understanding of video and how linear timelines work, experience with editing video and creative short animations.
- Experience using After FX, Adobe Premiere, Camtasia, Final Cut Pro or any other video software.
- Experience building, editing and exporting GIF images for web or email.
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume to: email@example.com