- Seattle, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tammie Letroise-Brown
With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees.
We are a research and product team in the AI Research group. We humanize advanced R&D programs by connecting real human needs with cutting edge machine learning research projects and turning them into useful, usable, and delightful products. We are looking to hire a UX Research Assistant (UXRA) for a 9 month contract with a possibility to extend in 2021. The position is based in Seattle, WA and you’ll collaborate with additional team members in Mountain View, San Francisco, New York, and Accra (Ghana). You’ll work in close partnership with our UX researchers and with team members from other disciplines like designers, UX engineers, and Program Managers. Day to day activities will include supporting UX researchers in the collection and analysis of user data for foundational and evaluative research.
- Plan, observe, and moderate usability testing sessions, interviews, and diary studies
- Conduct foundational research and lit reviews to examine assumptions and lay the groundwork for new products
- Perform usability inspections (heuristic evaluations or cognitive walkthroughs)
- Administer questoinnaires, surveys, and diary studies
- Analyze and interpret both qualitative and quantitative data
- Create findings and recommendation reports from user studies
- Create highlight videos/screenshots
- Communicate findings and recommendations to stakeholders
- Coordinate user study logistics (collaborate with participant recruiters, schedule interviews and lab sessions, distribute incentives)
- B.A./B.S. (completed) or M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Computer Science, Social Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Experience with a range of qualitative research methods and analysis techniques
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools
- Ability to translate research findings into actionable insights for the product team
- Ability to carefully craft and communicate research findings through the appropriate means
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule
- Ability to work remotely and at off-hours to meet with our team members in other time zones
- Persuasive communication that is grounded in data
- 2+ years of relevant work experience, including integrating user research into product design
- Graduate degree in Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Computer Science, Social Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Fitness center access
Discounts on things like dry cleaning and oil changes
Convenient commuter shuttles