- San Francisco
- Job Terms:
- $115k-$130k upon conversion
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lauren Friant
A San Francisco based Fortune 500 American clothing and accessories retailing company is looking for an initial 1 year contract Global Strategic Sourcing Manager tasked with developing indirect category strategy and executing procurement activities in line with business needs. This includes supply market analyses, price / service-level benchmarking, sourcing events, supplier negotiations and ongoing supplier relationship management
• Manage procurement and sourcing processes and negotiating deliverables as well as costs, ensuring the brand is competitive in the marketplace, limiting risk, and driving to total cost/productivity and qualitative business objectives.
• Ensure that benefits from the strategic sourcing process are sustained and extended during the period of the contract through ongoing improvement strategies and initiatives post-sourcing
• Build and institutionalize market intelligence capabilities (people, database, information, analysis) within categories of focus regarding key markets, suppliers and solutions to support strategy development purposes
• Maintain relationships with cross-functional groups; assist with securing involvement of appropriate cross-functional staff for category teams
• Lead and coach sourcing analysts and cross-functional sourcing teams
Additional responsibilities for this position include:
• Build and leverage internal business partner relationships to effectively create value focused strategies that align with department goals.
• Build cross functional partnerships within the brand.
• Identify opportunities within categories to create value for the organization.
• Leverage spend analytics and market intelligence to evaluate sourcing opportunities.
• Develop should cost models as part of sourcing process.
• Build and execute Strategic Sourcing plans for assigned categories.
• Lead the development, distribution, and analysis of RFP’s and RFI’s.
• Ability to lead negotiations with vendors to achieve the optimal combination of quality, price, service, and risk mitigation to support business objectives.
• Capability to learn new categories quickly.
• Demonstrate critical thinking; consider all factors affecting a decision before making a recommendation.
• Assist in problem resolution between users and vendors.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Capacity to develop partnership with Finance to ensure value from sourcing activities is properly captured by the organization.
• Skill to quickly build credibility and trust with relevant stakeholders.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge in procurement practices & technologies and market trends related to assigned categories of goods and services.