- Burlington, MA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lindsay DesRochers
No one has benefits like AQUENT!
With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees.
Position: Design Program Manager, Tools + Systems (Design Systems)
Temp-to-Perm (3-months TTP)
Our Top Fortune 10 client is looking for a Program Manager to be key member of its growing Design Operations team. This person will own the tools and processes for how designers create and share files and assets and be an integral part of aligning across several design teams and portfolios.
This role is to refine Design Operations. This position will help to determine what design software is used, implement onboarding processes for new hires, naming conventions and processes the design teams follow. Essentially, it's about improving processes of how the designers get their work done. Someone who understands what it is like to be a designer is a huge plus!
- Own the tool set that Product Design uses to collaborate, create content, and document work, including administration and support. Manage governance, versioning, naming conventions, and process around these tools. Tools include: Sketch, Sympli, Invision, Miro, Airtable, Figma, SharePoint
- Lead initiatives to evaluate, procure, and implement new tools for the design team, identifying a streamlined tool set for the growing organization. Align on design tools and standards that are used by other stakeholder groups such as product management and engineering.
- Inventory existing tools and provide guidelines for the team’s use of those tools for organization, documentation, versioning, and asset management.
- Improve and support team onboarding activities to welcome and bring new team members into the product design department. Iterate on and evolve new hire onboarding documentation.
- Discover, evaluate, and inform the team of new trends and tech.
- Create processes or automation that intersect workflow with tooling such as version control, continuous integration, and design system.
- Help define, document, and refine tool use for the various groups within design to enable team members to deliver their work in more efficient & consistent ways.
- Continuously seek out ways to improve process and capabilities of a multi discipline creative team.
- 3+ years of design experience
- Experience working within a large design team preferred.
- Familiarity with digital product design & build methodologies and processes
- Awareness of Design specific competencies, phases, assets, artifacts and deliverables.
- Familiarity with various Design-related tools and services (experience with tools preferred).
- Experience with various research and evaluation methodologies.
- Ability to coordinate and build relationships between various departments and disciplines
- A strong understanding of the value of the "right" amount of process.
- Strong project and task management skills
- Bachelor's degree in design or related field preferred.
- Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
- Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
- Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
- This includes altering the products they offer at retail to more health-conscious offerings!
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK THROUGH AQUENT:
We care about your CAREER GOALS.
- We offer resume & portfolio review + interview prep. You'll feel set for success!
- Learn for free: https://thegymnasium.com/
- Who is AQUENT: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM
- Pay it forward: https://aquent.com/rewards/
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized (up to 85%) of your health, vision and dental benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
- Check our Benefits out. Up to 85% subsidy