- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Emily Peel
With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees.
Aquent's client, a leading electronics company, is searching for a new UX Designer to join their team!
This team is focused on using behavioral insights to inform how to develop new opportunities for products and improve engagement on existing product lines. This role will focus on existing mobile apps and working to improve work flows and user journeys for these apps, working alongside UI designers. This role is not a hybrid role, it's heavy UX, however visuals are an important skill to understand and portfolios will be judged on design aesthetics.
Day to Day:
• Review existing and competitive Interfaces to uncover and evaluate best practices and novel opportunities for design and development to improve customer experience.
• Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into feature UX review process to build internal and external consensus for proposed design direction enhancing user satisfaction.
• Create wireframes to deliver alternative UX proposals, improve existing applications and/or new features under trial to meet Carrier requirements, or to promptly resolve UX issues during the development process.
• Coordinate new approaches to UX flows and details.
• Evaluate existing competitive products and current product lines to uncover improvements in flow and mental models.
• A portfolio demonstrating process, user-centric design thinking, and execution, across multiple experience platforms is required. Work samples on native iOS and mobile apps is a must.
• 3 – 5 years of industry experience in design and development of interface of mobile phone apps, services or equivalent mobile media device is required.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Human factors, Human computer interactions, or closely related field.
• Experienced in preparing professional presentation materials.
• Understanding of UI related software architecture.
• Working knowledge and skills in Usability Engineering.
• Must demonstrate creative innovative approach to design.
• Knowledge in using relevant design tools: Adobe XD, Sketch, Framer X is preferred.