- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Richey
With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees.
Our major technology client is seeking a top tier data visualization designer to provide visibility to finances. The need is 6-12 months on assignment in New York, role has excellent benefits while on assignment as well as strong hourly pay.
You will have the opportunity to support our UX team in developing an innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed product. We are looking for an individual with excellent communication skills, diligent, detailed-oriented, and can work fairly independently. A designer who can help set the tone for our products, translate complex finance concepts into simple and easy to understand visuals, and add delight for users as they interact with our products across these products.
You will be partnering closely with other UXers, Product Managers, and Engineers.
- Design and iterate on different visualization efforts for the product from concept to implementation (interaction, zooming in/out, visual design, and motion).
- Develop and apply visual style and interaction patterns in consistency with existing Company principles.
- Advance existing Company patterns and review them with the team.
- Communicate design rationale, and evaluate/address feedback from stakeholders
- Participate in regular UX stand-ups and critiques, as well as proactively share updates
- Work with cross-functional team to ensure designs are feasible and solve for requirements
- Follow through on details of implementation with engineers and drive fit-and-finish polish
- Advocate for and ensure that your designs are compliant with accessibility requirements.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, visual communications, HCI, etc)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong visual design skills, knowledge of the user-centered design methodologies, and a good understanding of usability across surfaces.
- Expert in Figma and other related software
- Experience managing and updating a design-system library
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
- Experience collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders (user researchers, other designers, product managers, engineers)
- Experience designing and shipping software experiences across multiple contexts (mobile apps, web, emails, notifications)
- Experience working with complexity and determining constraints in ambiguous situations
- Experience in motion design for digital products
- Experience prototyping using the latest in front end and mobile technologies
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Fitness center access
Discounts on things like dry cleaning and oil changes
Convenient commuter shuttles