- Burbank, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Debra Powell
UX/User Interface Writer
Create and edit user interface copy for both desktop & mobile
(This type of writing is more aligned with technical writing than creative writing since you will be writing directional copy)
Projects may also require any or all of the following:
Ability to devise page-level content strategy
Participation on scrum/agile teams
Entry of content into a CMS
Ability to contribute effectively to interactions with UX designers, project managers, agile product owners, and CMS architects and content entry specialists.
SCOPE OF PROJECT:
Supports a multidisciplinary team of about 5-9 people on about 2-3 major projects at a time. Creates artifacts documenting editorial content that includes directions for developers and content entry specialists and meets accessibility/legal/regulatory requirements provided. Often work independently, but at times under the direction of senior UX contributors, UX producers, and agile product owners.
• Ability to create Web content solutions that support business requirements based on user needs and goals
• Ability to apply company brand both in terms of tone and usages, as detailed in Web brand guidelines
• A basic understanding of user experience methodologies and Web development agile/scrum practices
• Ability to present content concepts to project partners and coworkers, particularly articulating rationale and supporting user research behind content proposals
• Ability to support the content effort on multiple projects, including tracking own timelines and tasks and following various identified processes
• Effective participation on cross-functional teams, adhering to functional and business requirements and producing project deliverables on deadline
Top 3-5 Daily Responsibilities:
• Actively participate in team planning and project definition meetings
• Partner with other User Experience and Design teams on developing content that reflects best marriage of user business needs
• Create UX/UI content and editorial deliverables that are on brand and meet accessibility/legal/regulatory requirements as provided
• Content entry into a content management system
• Manage own tasks and project deliverables
Top 3-5 Required Skills:
• A balance of productive independence on own workload as well as effective support of coworkers and collaboration with other project teammates and disciplines (Typical number of team members is 5–10.)
• Quality copy craftsmanship that effectively incorporates user, business, technical, brand, legal, accessibility, and UX/UI digital industry standards, practices, and requirements as provided
• Experience creating content for various media (Web desktop, mobile, email, etc.), recognizing the requirements of each format
• Technical writing skills for converting complicated processes into clear, logical, and simple directions for non-technical users
• Intermediate use of Microsoft Office business tools, particularly Word
• Familiarity with Mac, SharePoint, and CMS systems
• A basic understanding of responsive Web design
• A basic understanding of the difference between native application and Webview mobile content best practices
• Effective communication, including detailed attention to getting your point across clearly and quickly
• Commitment to department and project teams, particularly reciprocal collaboration and meeting deadlines others are relying on
• A relaxed relationship with change as well as an ability to adapt effectively to that change
Taking a position with our client gets you in with a leader in its field.
Our client is a five-star medical provider who, as an innovator, was the first in their industry to offer electronic health records. They’re constantly on the forefront of innovation in the healthcare field, both for their technical advances as well as for their community involvement. Volunteerism and community service are critical components of their approach to improving the general health in all of their neighborhoods.
Our client practices what they preach, and has a strong commitment to work-life balance and a healthy lifestyle. On many of their campuses you can find fitness centers, walking paths, as well as volleyball and basketball courts. Stay healthy while developing your career path!
Aquent places talented writers, digital designers and user experience candidates, as well as editorial candidates with this market leader every day in one of a number of locations throughout California We’ve had the benefit of twenty years of experience placing talent at this company and there is an extensive network of talent here, not only actively working for Aquent, but also now senior members of the organization who have been converted to permanent employees over the years.