- Elk Grove Village, IL
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Maureen Shiver
The Business Analyst / Project Manager of ECommerce acts as the key interface between the business program owners and the technology area to gather information, document processes, and confirm the final documents with both business and technology users. They are responsible for handling our ongoing ECommerce projects and working closely with team members to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track. To succeed in this role, you must have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users and have proven experience in project management.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, performing user acceptance testing and overseeing ECommerce quality assurance.
- A strong understanding of user centered design methodologies
- Submitting project deliverables, preparing status reports, and establishing effective project communication plans.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Advanced technical skills and analysis experience, including: Excellent end-to-end understanding of SDLC such as Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Hybrid, Incremental Application Development
- Experience in writing, prioritizing and grooming User stories in product backlog while assisting the business and product owner
- Facilitation and / or participation in Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Working closely with Business Product Owner and act as proxy to product owner in gathering requirements, converting requirements into User stories and establish Acceptance Criteria.
- Experience with eliciting requirements using techniques such as Interviewing, Questionnaires/Surveys, Document Analysis, Interface Analysis, JAD sessions, brainstorming sessions and Requirements Workshops
- Communication with various stakeholders for requirements gathering, planning, managing Change Requests, performing Impact, Risk and GAP Analysis.
- Proficient with UML diagrams: Use case diagrams, Activity diagrams, Business Process Mapping, Wireframes using Microsoft Visio or other UX development tools.
- Hands on experience with creating artifacts like Business Requirement document (BRD), System Requirement document (SRS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Functional Specification Document (FSD).
- Experience in Design, Development, Implementation and Integration strategies within a cross-functional business, eCommerce and IT, team-oriented environment.
- Experience in creating complex Business Process Flows and Process Improvement diagrams using Visio
- Excellent documentation skills and ability to provide samples of previous work.
- Effective communications and ability to liaison with senior leadership, build relationships across business, and be an excellent team player, an expert presenter and an effective communicator.
- Proficiency with using various Microsoft tools such as Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.Extensive experience in performing data analysis, as well as querying the database using SQL statements for validations.A track record of following through on commitments.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Bachelors or better in Marketing.Experience
- 4 years strong experience in retail, catalog and eCommerce
- 5 years of business analysis or a related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.