- Hartford, CT 06183
- Job Terms:
- $35-50/hour W2 + benefits DOE
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chelsea Caudill
We are looking for a UX Designer in Hartford, CT who has strong experience in both research and ux design. This role will be a 50/50 split - 50% of the time you will be focused on user researcher, understanding customer journeys, user flows and interaction design. 50% of the time you will be focused on designing solutions in Sketch, usability testing, designing screens, thinking about flows, design effective flows and other UX design focused responsibilities. AQUENT pays a W2 hourly pay rate and we offer health insurance, 401K, dental, vision, 401K and more! Even better, we have been set up to work remotely for years now and have the resources in place to onboard and support REMOTE customers.
This is a high-profile opportunity where you will be an integral part of identifying pain points and then coming up with the user flows of how travelers will potentially operate in the future. The ideal UX Designer will be able to take full ownership of talking with and interviewing customers in the field (virtually) and then mapping out future flows. This role is a true end to end Designer with equal focus on ux research & ux design.
- This role is a 6-month contract to hire in Hartford, CT that will be 100% remote for the foreseeable future.
- What are we looking for in a portfolio? Interaction design, user research, research finding to drive design solutions, user flows.
- For quick apply, please email your portfolio directly to Recruiting Agent, Chelsea Caudill email@example.com - subject line Hartford UX, please.
The person in this role will participate in the research, design, and usability testing in the creation of user-centered applications and services to support our client's commercial customers and agency partners. This individual will collaborate with business stakeholders, technology, execution teams, and their UX Design colleagues to deliver effective, efficient and desirable solutions that enable the business to meet its goals.
This role has a need for both interaction design and research.
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to:
• Be an effective and conscientious user advocate.
• Analyze complex interactive designs, identify potential bottlenecks, and provide recommend improvements to streamline the process.
• Conduct behavioral user research to validate the design to provide an optimized user experience.
• Participate in and/or co-facilitate design thinking activities to better understand our customers or agents, their journey with their insurance provider, and the back-end processes required to support that experience.
• Create and conduct usability tests to identify issues and opportunities for improvements.
• Create prototypes / mockup interaction designs, including user interaction models, wireframes and screen flows that match user expectations, technical capabilities and business goals.
• Work closely with developers, business analysts and business owners to effectively communicate user behavior research, design decisions and usability study findings.
• Must be proficient in the creation of prototypes in at least one of the following: Axure, Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, or similar.