- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Michelle Yelverton
Digital Solutions Architect
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: Mar-Sep 2020 (possibility of being extended another 6 months)
Our client is building an Enterprise Content Management portal for their customers on Microsoft Azure platform. Requirements and backlog exists; team has started working on MVP. The portal was initially intended for external use but now the plan is to leverage the portal internally to relieve some existing pain points. Performance of the portal is a real focus area. We expect the Architect to understand client’s current (IT) landscape (including existing constraints) and then establish and develop an architecture for the portal that considers existing (Azure) platform architecture and also allows for new technologies/services to be used.
Purpose of the role
• Create business cases for technology and organizational transformation
• Develop architecture and implementation plans
• Lead niche digital technology focused teams which are responsive and efficient. Work in an offshore-onsite model
• Ability to evaluate and communicate the pros and cons of different approaches
• Understand business' processes to create a cohesive vision of a usable product/service
• Understand latency issues and provide mitigation strategies along with cost-benefit analysis
• Examine client’s existing systems and architecture, and collaborate with teams to recommend solutions that result in more effective systems.
• Explain complex problems in easy to understand terminology (laymen's terms); Basically, have the ability to say the same thing using different words for different types of audiences
• Minimum 5-years’ experience on a Digital Solutions Architect role at an O&G company
• Proven experience in designing solutions for O&G clients across multiple business functions (Like, Seismic, Prod/Ops, Subsurface, Fuels, Trading, Supply & Logistics, Petrochemicals, Enterprise apps, etc.)
• Technical skills and experience of two or more of the following technologies: Cloud technology (Azure – IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), PLC/SCADA, Internet of Things (IoT) platforms, Big Data, IT Systems integration, Workplace transformation products)
• Proven ability to propose architecture/solutions that effectively leverages client’s existing systems/technologies
• Demonstrate hands-on experience that integrates business know-how and technical skills to develop an enterprise level solution architecture
• Experience working in global agile projects
• Be fully mobile, often visiting our clients for meetings and workshops.
• Ability to work with a niche group to develop quick prototypes (hands-on experience will be preferred)
Client is a System Integrator supporting an Oilfield Services client.