- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Robin Legator
DESIGNER (JR/MID) OPPORTUNITIES at an AWESOME Full Service Ad Agency in NYC
We're looking Designers to develop original design concepts & global marketing campaigns, and be a core driver of our experimental approach to advertising. Their design team is intertwined with their creative teams from the outset of a project through its completion and have a hybrid, maker mentality — blurring the lines between traditional lanes of creative disciplines and collaborating to concept and execute a wide range of projects.
Because of our client's experimental approach, the design team is often tasked with creating new visual territories for campaigns and client projects — evolutions and departures from a client’s
masterbrand. They are now looking to add to our existing team of Designers who work with the design director, creative directors, and creative teams to concept and implement
design solutions for our clients.
● Design background, ideally with experience in advertising or an adjacent field (branding, marketing, visual design, etc.)
● Ability to create ads and design objects demonstrating a proficiency in core design principles —layout, typography, hierarchy, color
● Strength in design concepting: Ability and desire to create or direct a diverse range of visual design styles on different projects — often re-interpreting or evolving existing brand guidelines in order to deliver a completely fresh take on an established brand
● Maker mentality: Desire / ability to work across mediums and traditional lanes — working in collaboration with creative teams, with a writing partner, with an animator, or in-house studio productions (photo & video shoots).
● Although you don't need to have proficiency in other disciplines of design, you should be able to apply design thinking to projects outside of the core design discipline (photography, retouching, UX, web design, e-commerce, etc)
● Strong attention to detail and ability to manage many deliverables at once
● Flexibility to work with the design team in finding the sweet spot between rapid prototyping and design excellence — not noodling, while still delivering an excellent product with high craft
● Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop & Illustrator)
● Basic After Effects / motion design skills are a major plus
● Nice-to-haves, not mandatory: Illustration, Adobe XD, OOH, print production