- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Robin Legator
ASSOCIATE DESIGN DIRECTOR/DESIGN DIRECTOR Opportunity at AWESOME Full Service Agency in NYC
Our client, a full service agency in NYC is looking for a Design Director to develop original design concepts & global marketing campaigns, and be a core driver of their experimental & comprehensive approach to advertising. Their design team is intertwined with our creative teams from the outset of a project through its completion and is often tasked with creating new visual territories for campaigns and client projects — evolutions and departures from a client’s masterbrand.
They are looking for a design leader who can foster and invigorate the design practice at the agency. You’ll be working in lock step with creative directors on bringing campaigns and ideas to life and who inspires a team to dream big while also getting her/his hands dirty when needed, leading by example and showing how it's done.
The Design Director will lead designers while collaborating with creative directors and creative teams to concept and implement design solutions for our clients.
● Robust design background with expertise in advertising or an adjacent field (branding, marketing, visual design, etc.)
● Ability and desire to create or direct a diverse range of visual design styles on different projects — often re-interpreting or evolving existing brand guidelines in order to deliver a completely fresh take on an established brand
● Although you don't need to be an expert in other disciplines of design, you will need to be able to apply design thinking and leadership for projects outside of your field of expertise (animation, photography, retouching, UX, web design, e-commerce, etc)
● Ability to provide clear direction as well as timely and helpful feedback to foster the development of both the project and the designer working on it
● Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities; Ability to defend design concepts & work, justifying design choices and creating a compelling narrative to sell design concepts to both internal and external clients
● Collaborative team-driven work ethic, working hand-in-hand with Project Management and creative leadership to manage changing timelines and shifting priorities across agency projects; Periodic feedback loops with creative leads to improve agency processes
● Willingness and ability to find the sweet spot between rapid prototyping and design excellence — not noodling, while still delivering an excellent product with high craft
● Direct in-house studio artists & productions (animations, photo shoots, prop making, etc)
● Expert skill in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop & Illustrator)
● Not mandatory, but a plus: After Effects, Illustration, UX/UI design