- Richmond, VA 23238
- Job Terms:
- $45-52/hour + benefits (DOE)
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chelsea Caudill
We are seeking a talented UI Designer to join a highly collaborative team working on enhancing an existing internal platform for a large highly visible project. You will join a design team of 5 as a full-time contractor. This role is a 6 month contract with strong potential for extension and conversion. This role is BASED in Richmond, however for the foreseeable future the role will be working 100% remotely - equipment will be provided.
Why as a UI Designer would you be interested in working on this project? This design work is exciting, fast-paced, released in real-time and you will have unlimited, direct access to your users.
In the first 30 days you can expect to jump-in, right off the bat and start building screens and delivering prototypes.
What are we looking for in portfolio? Strong UI, great portfolio, basic ux design, understanding a customer journey from point A to point B.
The ideal talent will mostly be focused on UI Design (75-80%) and dabble in some UX Design and user flow strategies. This role will push you to continuously grow as a designer in the perpetual communication and translation amongst the tech, product and design teams.
UI Designer Responsibilities:
- UI Design: 75-80% building screens and high fidelity
- UX Design, user experience & UX strategy & product development: 15-20%
- Assures that application designs are consistent with industry best practices application attributes (including scalability, availability, maintainability, and flexibility)
- Interaction design understanding shopping cart flows or signing up flows
- Oversight & coordinating others' work while involved with multiple work streams
UI Designer Required skills:
- 2-5 years prior UI design and UX design experience
- Quick UI and prototyping skills, Figma or Sketch
- Building high-fidelity prototypes
- Taking items from wireframes to prototypes
- Proactive communication
- At least 2 years of experience working with Agile or Lean product development teams
- Previous client experience desired
- Have participated in Agile ceremonies
- Understand the relation between product, tech and design needs
- Empathy & understanding
- Communication - Ability to communicate strategies and processes
- Ability to influence multiple levels on highly technical issues and challenges
- Demonstrated experience to influence and coordinate third parties and suppliers
What you’ll bring:
A portfolio that highlights your ability to design digital experiences that cross channels and touch-points. Your portfolio showcases UX/UI artifacts like user flows, screen designs, and journey maps used to articulate your solutions...
- Understanding of interface and interaction patterns and best practices for various platforms, including experience working within a responsive design framework
- Understanding of human centered design and UX practices. Interest in partnering with content, strategy, and research specialists to collaborate on solutions
- Experience working within established brand guidelines and style guide. Interest in helping govern digital guidelines and flex system where needed
- Demonstrated ability to work from low fidelity to high fidelity
- Experience creating prototypes that showcase design concepts and interaction patterns
- Ability to clearly communicate your design decisions, tell compelling stories, and craft elegant presentations
- Understanding and utilization of Lean and Agile methodologies
- Proficiency with current design tools (Adobe CC, Sketch, InVision, etc)
At least 2 years of experience with user experience design
This client puts its money where its mouth is. As a leading financial services and tech company, they’re constantly pushing the envelope to adapt and stay ahead of trends - whether it’s trends in financial products or in the way they treat their customers. Our client sets the bar in customer experience.
Our Talent are working with “best-in-class” global marketing teams on omni-channel campaigns, leveraging innovative technologies to drive customer engagement. AQUENT Talent work alongside full-time employees presenting ideas to stakeholders and influencing business decisions every day.
- You’ll be pushed to bring thoughtful, creative design ideas to the table
- You’ll be collaborating in an Agile environment to deliver purposeful projects
- You’ll be working with a global brand - meeting customers where they live by leveraging AI, ML and VR