- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Paige Eddington
The Digital Communications Designer is responsible to develop creative and inspiring visual content, both digital and print. This position works within a communications team that builds and implements the business communication strategy and within company brand standards.
The successful candidate is a team player who works collaboratively to create thoughtful, inclusive communications. They must also be able to work in a fast-moving environment.
The Corporate Communications Graphic Designer shall:
• Support communication programs, creating high-quality, compelling designs (both day-to-day communications and ongoing content that informs, inspires, and engages employees and stakeholders)
• Build culture through internal branding: Manage internal artwork, graphic design and video production; Design, procure, and distribute branded items; Counsel internal clients on effective branding for events, new applications, and processes.
• Quickly and creatively respond to a given prompt, articulate and visualize a range of possibilities to create high quality, compelling designs to best reach desired communications goals.
• Be a thoughtful and detail-oriented designer, consistently demonstrating a clean and sophisticated aesthetic aligned with the company brand.
• Develop concepts from idea to fully executed solutions with a range of direction from full to little guidance.
• Balance multiple responsibilities and assignments, while meeting deadlines.
• Support presentation development and other design, video, and photography needs for employee and leadership engagements.
• Develop and implement visual content for a variety of channels (email, presentations, live events, videos, intranet, social media and other digital media, creative marketing materials, etc.)
• Education: Minimum of BA/BS in Graphic Design or related
• ~3-5 years of Graphic Design experience
• Graphic design including proficiency in Adobe Creative applications (such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and After Effects).
o Graphic design and video editing experience within Premiere Pro required
o Strong Photoshop and InDesign experience required
• Demonstrated ability to work calmly and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment to deliver high-quality work in a timely and customer-focused manner
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including SharePoint) with O365 experience
• Experience with creative executions within established and thorough brand guidelines
• Effective written and verbal communication skills including editing, proofreading and design
• Proficient in building relationships across a diverse set of functional groups
• Creative problem-solver, with the ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects autonomously and in an organized fashion, balancing the long-term and urgent needs of the team
• Experience in video/animation production
• Please include a portfolio with your application (attachment or online portfolio)- REQUIRED
• Candidates local to Houston required.
• Graphic Design experience within the Oil/Gas industry
• Experience in photography is desirable but not mandatory
Must be local candidates
Must include portfolio link or samples