- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Carin Wallace
As a 3D artist on the AR/VR content team, you’ll be at the forefront of prototyping, producing, and shipping virtual reality games and experiences which are conceived as ‘VR-first’. You will help execute throughout the development process, partnering with the design and engineering teams to explore and implement prototypes that set the visual bar for VR content inside and outside the company. Come be a part of the AR/VR Content group. We are focused on building innovative VR games. We believe that Virtual Reality will help define the future of play and we can't build that future without you. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a brand new VR Content studio!
The 3D Artist is responsible for exploring and building experiences that help define the future of VR. Our teams are focused on creating content that invites users to engage in immersive, real-time experiences. If you're excited about forging into new territory, creating industry-leading art in a variety of styles and genres, and working with the mightiest in the industry, this may be the home for you.
- Partner closely with the engineering and design teams to define and develop content in Unreal.
- Manage layout, implementation, and optimization of environments (including models, textures, and shaders).
- Work with a Technical Artist to build tools, optimize content, and provide support for the art pipeline, such as writing documentation and sharing best practices with artists and designers.
- Work closely with engineers to implement interactive objects and systems.
- Quickly solve issues with your cross-functional leads.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate and iterate based on the team's needs.
- Develop broad technical expertise to assist in a wide variety of technical and artistic tasks.
- 4+ years of experience in game development or film/vfx in one of: Environments, Level Design, 3D props/vehicles, or Characters.
- Experience collaborating on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience communicating across team members including engineers and artists.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling and asset creation packages like Maya, Houdini, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, ZBrush, Knald, Marmoset, Photoshop, Octane, etc.
- Experience with game/real-time/VR optimization techniques, such as optimized dynamic and baked lighting.
- Proficient with project tracking and source control systems like Shotgun, P4, Jira, etc.
- Content development experience, including shipping one or more titles.
- Experience working in a variety of graphic styles.
- Prior virtual reality experience.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies.
- UE4 and/or Unity experience.
- Shader authoring experience.
- In-engine or mobile profiling experience
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.