- North Chicago, IL
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kate Gottfried
With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees.
Our pharma client is looking for a Content Writer/Strategist to support their Story Lab Division. This person will be responsible for management of the groups editorial calendar, content planning, and production schedule, overseeing key written and visual content production, specifically aligning and aggregating content to ensure balance against message and business priorities outlined in the communications plan and compliance with brand guidelines and positioning; ensuring the “News Room” content is distributed accordingly to client's websites, intranet, portal, and new/social media such as LinkedIn and blogs required for the effective and concise communication of key programs and initiatives; to effectively tell the client story and help drive consistent communications and public relations efforts that support, promote and protect client's strategic business objectives, reputation and enhance stakeholder perception and competitive position.
- Contributor to building a high-performing department that delivers best in class content and messaging as the “News Room” of the company, aggregating content to drive focus, balance and consistency to effectively tell the client story and provide the overview, framework and “voice” for key communications across main distribution channels, including web and digital, to create energy and interest through a drum beat of insights, information and stories and reflect the client brand guidelines
- Core member of the team of talented communicators and writers, capable of producing interesting, timely and quality content, in the styles required to support the spectrum of subject matter and key communications channels utilized by communications, specifically web and digital capability to combine written and visual content to best effect for the intranet, website etc.
- Contribute to the development of integrated strategies and plans, initiatives and programs, to ensure content and messaging always are a lead consideration in the planning stages of the work of the function, specifically to ensure:
- A holistic view across enterprise wide communications messaging and aggregate impact
- Expertise in producing appropriate, timely and compelling content
- Contribute to effectively aligning business and corporate communications content and messaging with investor relations, financial, corporate image, reputation and social responsibility positioning, to support the brand and build the clilent story
- Manage the aggregation and appropriate “balance” of key corporate and business content and messaging to ensure:
- Priorities and communications objectives have appropriate share of voice
- Maximum leverage with stakeholders across main distribution channels
- Quality and style of language
- Editorial standards are maintained.
- Manage and produce the groups’ editorial calendar, and oversee content planning and production schedule
- Partners with Sr. Manager, Employee Portal, on content publishing, management and key projects, such as the roll out of client site, ensuring execution needs are met 24x7.
- Manages MRL submissions for content created within Corporate Communications
- Gatekeeper for ad hoc content requests, ensuring team utilization is balanced. Contribute to leveraging content to enhance internal organizational alignment and employee engagement
- Provides counsel and expertise on related policy/procedures. Liaises, as needed, with external creative resources – for budgeting, administration and identifying synergies
- Identifies and implements process efficiencies that will improve content development and publishing processes. Contributes new thinking and best practices in content production and distribution from within and outside industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Integrated Marketing, Communications, Journalism or equivalent
- 8+ years of relevant experience and proven track record of success in managing communication content and schedules which protect corporate reputation, citizenship, crisis planning and company values
- Experience in the healthcare/bio-pharma industry a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with knowledge of emerging communications trends and technologies
- Strong business acumen with the ability to anticipate company and team needs