- Bellevue, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tova Dodge
- With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees.
In this design studio focused on maps and search, we have several design teams working on a variety of segments. We are in need of a UI/Visual Designer to support our map team!
As a UI/Visual designer working on Maps. You will:
• Work closely with UX designers to create UI for Maps & Directions search experience across platforms.
• Define & execute the styles and rules of the basemap to provide/communicate different geospatial information.
• Cross-collaborate with other design teams working on shared ideas and cohesive experiences.
• 3-5+ years of UI work-related experience required.
• Keen on details, systematic thinking and have strong patience.
• Have a good understanding of UI and visual communication design principles.
• Interested in learning map design. Have a cartography background or related working experience is a plus!
• Experience with data visualization work is a plus.
• Proficiency in standard design software. (i.e. We are a Figma and Mac studio.)
• Excellent communication and project management skills required.
• Ability to work under constant deadline constraints is required.
• Must have the ability to understand technical issues and communicate information effectively.
• Proficiency in current and emerging web technologies(e.g. HTML, CSS) is a plus.
• Ability to discuss and present an in-depth knowledge of typography is important.
• Portfolio review required. Bachelor's degree in Communication Design, HCI, Design, Industrial Design or related area required. A combination of education and experience may substitute for a Bachelor's degree.