- Sunnyvale &/ remote
- Job Terms:
- up to ~$130/hr DOE
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Sara Truesdale
The strategy group partners with Brand and Creative Directors to develop points of view, strategic
platforms, business analyses, and creative briefs to shape innovative creative work for one of the world’s most beloved brands. Using an objective and insights-driven approach, we will help refine and connect the client’s brand with current and future customers all over the world.
As the Brand Strategist, you will act as the strategic leader for products or initiatives within our group. You will join a team of Strategists who collaborate closely with extraordinary creative talent to launch new products, create new customer experiences, and tackle a variety of complex marketing challenges.
Note: Must have large agency + communications or experience planning background.
- You have seven to 10 years of strategic brand planning experience.
- You can radically simplify information.
- As a part of our strategy team, you bring deep understanding and extensive experience with marketing strategy, experience design, design research, or brand communications.
- You have a track record of leading strategic conversations with a wide range of people in different disciplines and at different levels.
- You possess deep expertise in partnering with and building real, productive relationships with creative people who span many fields, including advertising, video, interactive, print, retail, and so on.
- You are skilled in the following core areas: business and brand strategy, insights and research, and media and communications planning.
- You can knit together disparate sources of information into a strong strategic narrative.
- You have extraordinary writing, visual storytelling, and presentation skills.
- You have creative advertising or design agency experience and can provide examples of creative briefs or case studies.
- We partner with Brand and Creative Directors to form a leadership team guiding all work related to the products and initiatives, including annual strategic planning.
- We provide strategic leadership during creative development and reviews, helping to shape the impact of the work and pushing it to be more provocative.
- We develop, maintain, and evangelize strategic platforms and other points of view for your products and initiatives, eliciting input from partners in Marketing Communications.
- Lead development of project and creative briefs for use with internal creative teams as launches or new initiatives arise.
- Act as strategy client for our agency partners, providing clear project briefs and guiding development of creative briefs.
- Guide your team’s development of points of view and presentations on relevant cultural, bold or category topics of interest and opportunity.
- We propose and lead insight development for your area of focus, including primary research projects.
- We partner with Product Marketing to understand the business and find opportunities to push it into new and interesting places.
- Act as the global lead and a resource for your products or initiatives as it relates to work developed for other markets, helping to align international strategy partners behind a singular vision.
A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
Here are some more things you can expect:
- Wi-fi equipped shuttle service
- Free parking
- Onsite cafeteria
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)