- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Corey King
We are looking for an experienced writer / editor with a proven track record to develop and publish content that helps build brand awareness for Company Design and engages with our thriving internal and external design communities. This individual will have extensive experience in all aspects of this role and will be able to work independently and positively influence the overall output across The Company Design's internal and external publishing channels. This role requires excellent communication skills and an ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. A highly organized approach, attention to detail, sound judgment, and consistent delivery are mandatory.
As a masterful storyteller and editor, you'll partner closely with key cross-functional stakeholders to develop, plan and publish engaging content for Company Design's external channels—like Medium—and for internal communications. You'll have the opportunity to help define growth and engagement goals, manage an editorial calendar, and develop creative content and the curation processes. You will work closely with fellow teammates from Central Design Programs to amplify these stories internally and externally across related social channels and the Company Design website.
Whether you call yourself a content marketer, writer, editor, copywriter, or something in between and have experience writing about the field of design, we look forward to hearing from you!
This is a contract position based in our San Francisco office.
- Collaborate with Company Design’s internal community to develop engaging content that serves a global external audience
- Develop and manage a publishing strategy for Company Design on Medium and other long-form content that is strategically aligned with editorial priorities, recruiting goals and the broader company mission and values
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders from Design, Recruiting, and Communications teams to ensure content aligns to key narratives and brand and editorial priorities
- Plan, write, edit, and publish original content in partnership with company authors
- Manage and maintain copy and style guidelines for external publishing channels and a regular review process with key stakeholders
- Help apply and maintain consistency with content standards
- Partner with broader publishing team to adapt and develop original content for social media posts and website updates
- Develop short- and long-form copy for internal communications and special projects
- Maintain a leading-edge understanding of what matters most to the global design community to help inform publishing strategy
- Manage day-to-day operations on Medium like community moderation and tracking daily performance metrics, especially with a human-centered lens and exercising sound judgment
- Develop analytics reports and communicate progress to key stakeholders
- Identify and address opportunities for systems and process improvements
- Minimum of 6+ years of writing experience in an editorial, marketing or public relations capacity
- Proficiency with Medium and blogging platforms
- Fluency in design thinking and experience developing design-related content, especially user experience design
- Highly experienced storyteller who can craft stories about complex topics in a simple, compelling way through text and multimedia
- Proven ability to write, edit and simplify abstract concepts for a diverse, global audience and adapt content to reach target audiences
- Experience developing visual content to accompany stories a plus, including but not limited to photography, illustration and video
- Experience collaborating in a creative environment with artists, producers, writers, photographers, designers and other cross-functional partners
- Experience working successfully in fast-paced environment that requires independent time management, task prioritization, flexibility, and keen ability to identify problems and proactively work towards solutions in highly organized manner
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from start to finish, improvise and shift strategy and operate with ambiguity
- Positive attitude, eagerness to learn and highly dependable
- Speak and write English fluently (native English speaker preferred)
- Bachelor's degree required
Please include a link to samples of your work that show design-related content and a breadth of experience across a range of content types.
You may wish to show us both short- and long-form content you've created for articles, case studies, and social media posts.
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.