- West Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- April 2020
- Posted By:
- Susan Reese
Vitamin T's innovative, experiential, disrupting advertising agency client is seeking an Design Director or Associate Design Director for a direct-hire role located in West Los Angeles. Do you have a combination of big ad agency experience and in-house brand agency experience? If so, please continue reading.
What are the must-haves?
- Strong Leadership, inspires the team, mentors junior direct reports, rallies the troops, highly collaborative and a proven history of growing a team
- Portfolio, must have an aesthetically striking portfolio including design, and motion graphics
- Client-facing, strong presentation skills, excellent people skills, and communication
- Hands-on, 10% individual contribution, 50% allocation of resources, and the remaining 40% is providing timely feedback and meeting deadlines
- Advertising Generalist, you have exposure overseeing design, motion graphics, web design, e-Commerce, UX/UI, animation, photo retouchers, photographers, producers, shooters, editors
- Soft-skills, Full of ideas, Hungry, Excited, Impactful, Different!
What you will do?
This Design Director will develop original design concepts & global marketing campaigns and are a core driver of their experimental approach to advertising. Their design team is intertwined with the creative teams from the outset of a project through its completion.
Their experimental approach is often tasked with creating new visual territories for campaigns and client projects — evolutions and departures from a client’s master brand. They are looking for a design leader who can foster and invigorate the design practice. You’ll be working in lockstep with creative directors on bringing campaigns and ideas to life. They are seeking an Associate Director who inspires a team to dream big while also getting her/his hands dirty when needed: you lead by example and you can show how it's done.
The Associate Design Director will lead the design and animation studio while collaborating with creative directors and creative teams to concept and implement design solutions for their clients.
● While you don’t need to be a master animator, motion is inherent in most of the work they do so the knowledge and clear direction of motion is needed
● Robust design background with expertise in advertising or an adjacent field (branding, marketing, visual design, etc.)
● Ability and desire to create or direct a diverse range of visual design styles on different projects — often re-interpreting or evolving existing brand guidelines in order to deliver a completely fresh take on an established brand
● Ability to provide clear direction as well as timely and helpful feedback to foster the development of both the project and the designer working on it
● Ability to defend design concepts & work, justifying design choices and creating a compelling narrative to present work and sell design concepts both internally and to external clients
● Willingness and ability to find the sweet spot between rapid prototyping and design excellence — not noodling, while still delivering an excellent product with high craft
● Expert skill in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop & Illustrator). Not mandatory, but a plus: After Effects, Illustration, UX/UI design