- McLean, VA
- Job Terms:
You obsess over things like taps, content and form fields to create experiences, services and products that are deeply satisfying. You understand that in a landscape where behavior and expectations are rapidly evolving you always need to be asking why. You’ll be leading work through the end-to-end design process, balancing customer insights and business goals, from strategy to shipped product as well as post launch monitoring, enhancements, and iteration.
You crave empathy for those you’re designing for, and have demonstrable experience identifying, articulating, and incorporating user needs into your design decisions. You’ll build empathy and be a customer advocate to solve existing problems or exploring and developing entirely new business opportunities.
You take the complex and communicate it – both visually and in presentations – as simply and clearly as possible. You’re able to cut through the noise to understand what’s important and inspire that clarity in others. You’ll translate user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems.
A systems thinker.
As you translate user needs and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems, you’re not just thinking about the task at hand but also about how your design choices scale and fit within larger established systems and patterns.
A highly competent implementor. You are proficient using tools like Sketch, Invision, and Photoshop, and are able to execute with both speed and quality. You’ll be creating experience prototypes at various levels of fidelity to articulate and test user flows, UI design, and/or UI animation using modern tools (e.g., InVision, Figma, Flinto, Pixate, UXPin, etc).
You enjoy working on agile teams with business analysts, product managers, researchers, developers and design teams to collectively define the best solutions. You’ll perform research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts. You’ll be leading workshops to facilitate co-creation, alignment, and insight of core customer needs.
You are driven to design beautiful experiences that impact people’s lives. You make it your business to know as much as you can about the people you are designing for and stay up-to-date on the latest design trends and techniques.
Have a can-do attitude.
You’re proactive and excited to produce awesome work. No task is too small or large for you. You are able to work alone or with partners to problem solve and develop clear action and execution plans for a task, keeping your manager informed of progress. You display a positive attitude and are excited to share your ideas with the team as well as listen to those of others.
A successful juggler.
You don’t get overwhelmed or flustered easily. You’re able to keep track of multiple projects at once, manage your time efficiently and appropriately communicate scheduling with your manager and the broader team.
You’re able to develop clear and persuasive stories about your work that you share with a wide range of audiences, including business partners and stakeholders.
You’re proud that you’ve thought through every permutation of your designs, making the development process smooth sailing. Your production files are word and pixel perfect.
You know that projects can adjust at the drop of a hat so you're adaptable and welcome change.
This client puts its money where its mouth is. As a leading financial services and tech company, they’re constantly pushing the envelope to adapt and stay ahead of trends - whether it’s trends in financial products or in the way they treat their customers. Our client sets the bar in customer experience.
Our Talent are working with “best-in-class” global marketing teams on omni-channel campaigns, leveraging innovative technologies to drive customer engagement. AQUENT Talent work alongside full-time employees presenting ideas to stakeholders and influencing business decisions every day.
You’ll be pushed to bring thoughtful creative and marketing ideas to the table
You’ll be collaborating in an Agile environment to deliver purposeful projects
You’ll be working with a global brand - meeting customers where they live by leveraging AI, ML and VR
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward bus or train passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
What you’ll bring:
- A portfolio that highlights your ability to design digital experiences that cross channels and touch-points. Your portfolio showcases UX/UI artifacts like user flows, screen designs, and journey maps used to articulate your solutions
- Understanding of interface and interaction patterns and best practices for various platforms, including experience working within a responsive design framework
- Understanding of human centered design and UX practices. Interest in partnering with content, strategy, and research specialists to collaborate on solutions
- Experience working within established brand guidelines and style guide. Interest in helping govern digital guidelines and flex system where needed
- Demonstrated ability to work from low fidelity to high fidelity
- Experience creating prototypes that showcase design concepts and interaction patterns
- Ability to clearly communicate your design decisions, tell compelling stories, and craft elegant presentations
- Understanding and utilization of Lean and Agile methodologies
- Proficiency with current design tools (Figma, Sketch, InVision, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience with user interface (UI) design and user experience design (UX)
- At least 3 years of experience designing digital products or at least 3 years of experience designing omni-channel services
- Experience working with Agile and Lean product development teams
- Master’s degree in a design related field
- 7+ years of experience with user interface (UI) design
- 7+ years of experience with user experience design
- 5+ years of experience designing for omni-channel services
- 5+ years of experience creating prototypes at various levels of fidelity
- 3+ years leading projects