- Chicago, IL
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Christina Clark
With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees.
The User Experience Researcher role is positioned within each of the Agile teams that comprise our client's Core Digital Solutions (CDS). Each Agile team focuses on one of our programs: prospective member experience, member portal, Pharmacy, or the wellness program. The mission of the CDS is to enable an immersive, integrated care experience through digital tools and solutions that empower consumers to achieve their best health anytime, anywhere and enable our partners to provide holistic, personalized care.
As a User Experience Researcher positioned within one of these experience teams, you will be responsible for developing digital research programs and processes as well as conducting user research. The results of your work will help designers better understand user goals, needs, behaviors, limitations, and preferences as well as provide rationale for design decisions.
A firm understanding of user-centered design processes, usability testing, and user research methods are crucial for success.
As the User Experience Researcher, you will:
- Establish research roadmaps, research objectives, proposals, methods, and processes
- Conduct and coordinate usability studies, surveys, and other design research
- Analyze research findings and report results
- Translate research findings into actionable design recommendations
- Lead numerous research efforts in collaboration with other internal teams and vendors
- Mine through existing data and research findings, distilling them into practical design recommendations and user insights
- Synthesize data and findings from multiple studies and sources into succinct reports and focused points of view that inspire and inform UX and other digital teams
- Advocate for and bring the voice of users into digital design solutions, informing and educating about what works and what doesn’t for our users
- Develop user scenarios and prototype specifications to support research studies
- At least 5 years of experience as a User Experience Researcher
- Bachelor's degree in Human Factors, Psychology, or similar field
- Strong knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research tools and methods, including usability studies, interviews, site visits, surveys, user modeling, card sorting, etc.
- Demonstrated skill in planning and conducting usability studies for complex transactional user interfaces and interactions for web, mobile and cross channel experiences
- Demonstrated ability to collect and analyze study findings, present results, and make recommendations based on data
- Ability to understand and articulate the underlying causes for usability issues
- Ability to adapt existing processes and deliverables when necessary to meet project needs, improve efficiency and quality, and gain practical results with minimal cost and effort
- Passion for understanding users and their behaviors and cognitive processes
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to make detailed information understandable
- At least 2 years of experience conducting research and usability studies for cross-channel, mobile/responsive web sites
- An advanced degree in Human Factors, Psychology, or similar field. Significant relevant work experience may substitute for an advanced degree.
- Self-starter who can make significant progress with minimal guidance
- Ability to be flexible in a very fluid and dynamic environment
- Must be extremely well-organized and capable of handling multiple (and sometimes conflicting) priorities effectively
- Proficient with: Microsoft Office
- Experience with creating prototypes (paper, clickable, Axure, HTML, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills