- Austin, Texas
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Gerald Garrison
Service Designer - A Fortune 500 insurance company in Austin is looking for a Service Designer for the development, implementation and upgrading of enterprise-level experiences for hundreds of thousands of digital and retail customers.
Sound interesting? Here are the role’s responsibilities:
Candidates should be Service Design practitioners with strong Agile Business Analysis, Process Engineering and Lean Six Sigma skills with demonstrated ability to tackle the problems in a systematic, data driven, and collaborative manner. Ideal candidate would be a seasoned practitioner who has experience coaching and developing design and business teams, creating new methods and practices, and someone who demonstrates a collaborative, service driven approach.
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 or more years of relevant, on-the-job experience in Agile Business Analysis, Process Engineering, Lean Six Sigma, or a relevant design field, such as User Experience, Service Design, or Applied Design Research.
- A portfolio that demonstrates subject matter expertise in applying and creating human-centered service design practices, methods, and problem-solving strategies.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills, interpersonal skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, with advanced organizational and prioritization skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively lead a cross-functional team.
- Superior facilitation, collaboration and consensus building skills, with extensive experience in presenting to cross-functional teams and Senior/Executive leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, conduct, and synthesize generative and exploratory research.
- Extensive experience in creating product or service prototypes in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrated ability to practice, facilitate, and educate others in all phases of the design process (thinking and doing).
Job Duties / Skills
- Leads the definition and integration of visual mapping artifacts in order to identify user needs and goals and analyze the current state of services from member and business perspectives.
- Recommends opportunities for improvement across all channels, technologies, platforms and products, and facilitates the prioritization of potential solutions against customer and business priorities.
- Masters Service Design, Agile Business Analysis, Process Engineering, Lean Six Sigma methods and facilitates highly collaborative design workshops to drive customer-centric, data-driven outcomes with business, design, and technology partners.
- Leads the creation and rapid iteration of product and service prototypes in an Agile environment. Designs test plans and validates customer solutions that will result in measurable improvements to key metrics.
- Collaborates with stakeholders through all stages of Service Design program implementation. Communicates progress, direction, and outcomes in a way that increases partner buy-in to design methodologies.
- Leads the evolution and innovation of the Service Design practice and creates and iterates methods that promote human-centered design from problem definition to design implementation.
- Leads the planning and execution of qualitative and quantitative applied research efforts and knows when/how to advocate for specific types of research in the design process.
- Analyzes research outputs, and expertly synthesizes insights to articulate business applications and product and service opportunities.
- Is self-directed, is an expert in their craft, and demonstrates excellent leadership, collaboration and facilitation skills, guiding cross-functional teams toward a shared understanding of business problems, member needs, and solutions to achieve intended outcomes.
A mix of skills and expertise is what we look for in Service Designers:
- Extensive experience working on enterprise programs and initiatives.
- Experience with Agile frameworks and methodologies such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and Lean, preferably Transactional Lean discipline.
- Experience in a federally regulated industry.
- Is expected to coordinate with multiple product and service teams in the enterprise environment.
- Has equal amounts of desire to practice AND educate non-practitioners.
- Is comfortable with or wants to learn how to add analytical rigor to design artifacts.
- Has the ability to turn research findings into a compelling narrative to share with stakeholders.
- Experience working with complex organizations on enterprise level products or services.
- Is able to navigate a transforming enterprise that is experiencing rapid cultural change.
- A passion for creating new methods and practices.
- Experience in Service Design, Design Research and Synthesis, and Process Engineering, specifically Process and Value Stream Mapping and Root Cause Analysis.
- Is comfortable facilitating both a 1:1 session and a 20+ stakeholder work session - whatever the need is based on the project phase.
- Is comfortable with or wants to learn how to get stakeholder buy-in to do research and implement service and experience design programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of technical, systemic, and business considerations in the financial services industry.
- All candidates must be able to sit on site at client location and be eligible to work in the US without sponorship.
Why do you want to work through AQUENT?
- AQUENT offers an amazing benefits package. For every hour you work – we'll subsidize a good portion of your medical, vision and dental premium.
- A team of agents that are invested in your career. We offer resume and portfolio review, interview prep and access to online training.
- We offer the only referral program that continues to give back. Earn a cash bonus for every hour your referral works for up to 6 months.
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
Subsidized health and dental benefits
Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
Access to free online courses via AQUENT’s Gymnasium and Lynda.com to develop your skills
We reward for referrals! Who do you know? http://aquent.us/rewards/