- New York
- Job Terms:
- up to $60/hr (DOE) + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Becky Morrissey
With the news of COVID19 spreading, Aquent is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of our employees. This includes providing technology to support video interviews, resources and support for employees to work from home successfully, and fully covered healthcare for eligible employees.
Aquent Studios is looking to add a Category Design Lead to their packaging design team for a top Fortune 500 CPG company!
Responsibilities across project management, art direction and client relations/account management:
- Assist Brand Team on their packaging design projects - some concept driven and some production design oriented (line extensions/adaptation)
- Coordinate and monitor project timelines.
- Obtain estimates and manage project budgets effectively.
- Be responsible for maintaining standards and brand equity consistencies for ALL activities against an assigned brand.
- Assume smooth project transition from the design phase to the production phase - by partnering with design and production team
- Contribute design solutions by working closely with Senior and Junior Designer -- offer art direction on sketches, concepts and final computer-generated layouts.
- Communicate appropriate concerns regarding potential design and brand challenges.
- Inform and follow-up with all involved parties on design execution and brand identity.
- Sets up meetings with brand design team to discuss current projects details and areas of opportunity
- Stay in contact with Brand Team through in-person, calls and emails - accessibility is key
- Presents design solutions and concepts to brand team - explaining strategy, rationale and thought process of the team when designing
- Coordinate and manage project timelines and financials against projects
- Partner cross-functionally to develop and implements project briefs
- Manage multiple projects with critical deadlines
- Reviews design proofs for color approval and graphic integrity
- Aligns with Brand Team to obtain overall creative brief and execution deliverables
AQUENT STUDIOS: Why work with us?
• Long term career opportunities supporting Fortune 500 brands
• Excellent health and dental insurance subsidized
• Comprehensive benefits package including 401(k), FSA's and voluntary insurance programs
• Paid weekly
• Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay
• Access to free training and continuing education
Aquent Studios provides custom-tailored consulting and outsourcing solutions. Our team of consultants, project managers, and creative professionals brings decades of experience to help our clients expand their capacity in marketing communications, content development, and creative media. Aquent Studios is a division of Aquent, which is the world’s largest marketing staffing firm. Aquent is privately held and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. www.aquentstudios.com
- Minimum 5-8 years of Design Management/Art Direction experience in Packaging Design/Branding related experience
- CPG experience highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree required/ Master’s preferred - a Design or Art School preferred
- Demonstrate strong visual, written, and oral communication skills
- Packaging Production knowledge is a PLUS
- Up to 25% hands-on design work
- Experience with cross-platform (Mac & PC) software application and document management
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills
- Experience with design-related software
- Consumer Package Goods industry experience preferred BUT not necessary
- Broad understanding of environmentally responsible design and packaging
- Portfolio link MUST be included on each resume.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, works with no supervision
- Manages tasks and deadlines with flexibility
- Strong sense of typography, including elegant kerning, tracking, leading
- Must be able to present concepts and design elements in a clear, direct, easily comprehended professional