- Job Terms:
- DOE + Full medical, dental, vision, 401k
- Posted By:
- Anne Baesemann
As a SERVICE DESIGN LEAD you will help design the creation of physical + digital experiences for athletes worldwide.
You have a passion for bringing these two worlds together to create an distinct experiences, while also eliminating friction points for our consumer and athletes that can be not only felt but measured.
This team is a collection of service and experience designers dedicated to working across our portfolio to bring together holistic consumer experiences. This group oversees a number of complex consumer journeys connected to our Company Stores that are highly cross functional and cross platform. Examples of these retail consumer journeys include o2o journeys for our consumers, Defining a brand new Bra-Fitting experience, and other various customization experiences.
You will work within a team accountable for delivering meaningful and actionable consumer-led journeys across the marketplace, leveraging the entire services portfolio to create a holistic experience across our ecosystem. This team will focus on bringing together brand design, membership, store operations, marketing, digital product and the store environment teams together to create frictionless, brand-defining service journeys at retail.
You’ll work with a multidisciplinary team of designers and experts to create solutions exist in the digital and physical realms. As an Service Designer, you’ll be a hands-on design expert, taking concepts forward and working hand-in-hand with teams to implement services in a variety of communities and settings.
• You know the power of perfectly crafted design direction.
• You have helped launch, run, or scale a service or a business - you can work in the field and in the boardroom.
• You approach things systemically and are a natural at zooming out to see the big picture, then diving in to nail the important details. You get a lot of pleasure in seeing projects through.
• You’re passionate about growing people-first services. From value proposition to brand to customer experience to scale, you thrive in putting all of the pieces together.
• You easily communicate and envision service concepts and ideas to team members, functional teams, and SLT. You use diverse set of methods & tools that illustrate all the components and touch-points of the service.
• Champion Service Design and work with xfunctional teams to design and scale services across the org
• Workshop Facilitation: - Run consumer journey workshops across multiple teams at the outset of new programs to ensure the work is founded in insights, is clear on roadmap capabilities, considers the entire consumer/athlete experiences, accounts for trends, and is pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
• Consumer & Athlete Journey Definition: End-to-end journey maps communicating how our consumers, members and store athletes will engage in our services. These documents will serve to align the numerous groups required to orchestrate a truly consumer-centric offering across our complex systems and teams.
• Service Blueprints: create a blueprint outlining detailed physical/digital dependencies, operational processes and brand/marketing support that are required to bring the journey to life. Will serve to inform the align our x-functional team on a delivery plan, and drive cross-functional team roadmaps.
• Visioning Artifacts: Clearly articulate the end-to-end service and experience to teams across the organization to achieve broad understanding and alignment. Deliver vision in a inspirational and meaningful way that clearly articulates the consumer benefit and alignment to our strategy. Include visual presentations, storyboards, and prototypes.
• Instill project teams with the confidence and discipline to explore innovative design solutions while respecting deadlines
• Be collaborative. Contribute to healthy team motivation and morale, offering emotional and logistical support.
• Communicate the work with Xfunctional partners, SLT, and stakeholders.
• Analyze and respond to Xfunctional partners in a timely manner; support service team to iterate, test and scale new service designs.
• Participate in the delivery of a range of projects, defining project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with key stakeholders.
• Establish relationships and liaise with key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
• Work with the PM to issue regular status reports and troubleshoot problem areas.
• 5+ years’ experience in retail or agency with retail clients; proven IRL examples of delivered complex, consumer led service journey work that blends physical and digital experiences together and have made substantial impact.
• Portfolio of compelling consumer journey artifacts and deliverables that teams and functions can leverage to align their work, including service blueprints.
• Deep expertise in design thinking/human-centered design.
• Maker mindset. Experience in rapid prototyping, data driven experiences and speed to market.
• Confident and efficient presentation skills—including expertise in identifying best methods to convey complex ideas.
• Experience or passion for retail, sports and technology.
• In-depth knowledge and experience within a relevant service design discipline (Systems Design, Business Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design)
• Ability to work within a self-directed culture and navigate ambiguity
• Experience crafting a project vision or execution strategy
• Experience with concepting, ideation, and iterative prototyping
• Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and key stakeholders
This client, named for the Greek goddess of victory, is the world's leading designer, marketer and distributor of athletic footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories.