- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Media and Entertainment brand in Burbank, CA is seeking a StudioLAB Operations Technician to join their StudioLAB team. This is a 4-month opportunity with the possibility of extending.
To be successful in this role, you must be naturally innovative, a quick learner, curious, detail oriented and have a good understanding of the key technologies that will drive and advance the ideation, production, management and delivery of content and experiences. You need to have solid communication abilities and work well in complex cross-functional teams. An ability to be highly flexible and to be able to work accurately and responsively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment to meet the needs of our business is critical to success.
Key Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Working closely with StudioLAB Coordinator to review the daily schedule for our two locations, determine the daily staffing plan, prepare all materials and demos for daily appointments, and provide exceptional service to all stakeholders, including high level executives.
- Ability to operate, and provide an exceptional level of service for all StudioLAB Demos including, but not limited to AR, VR, Display Technology, Teleconferencing, and switching between multiple sources, as required by StudioLAB leadership and visitors.
- Expectation is that all StudioLAB sites are “show ready” at all times, including maintaining cleanliness, patches, updates, content downloads; and communicating updates for any equipment or demos that are non-operational, and ensuring all “partner” requirements are met.
- Ability to be flexible and anticipate needs for all operations activities, particularly in high pressure and fast paced environments (e.g. always have systems running, clearly communicate when there are technical issues, be aware of lead-times and get budget approval for any purchase requests)
- Assist with inventory and cataloguing for all hardware and peripherals in the StudioLAB (chargers, adapters, spare parts, installation and organization of storage, etc) including maintaining accurate, centralized records and reporting as required.
- Be able to fully demonstrate the technical and creative capabilities of the StudioLAB including advanced production technology, mixed reality entertainment, and advanced collaboration tools, as well as work with the StudioLAB coordinator to schedule the appropriate StudioLAB team members to specially tailor technical briefings for executive and guest needs
- Work to ensure that the StudioLAB is staffed during business hours to accommodate executive and guest drop-ins, assist with all content demos as required and capability to troubleshoot any user facing equipment in the StudioLAB. Create clear operating guidelines for all demos, and troubleshooting as required.
- Ability to work independently, support several projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively while demonstrating strong problem-solving skills and seeking guidance as needed
- Ability to deliver tasks on time, and escalate issues to management quickly for resolution as they arise.
- Strong partnering skills and ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- Strong written and verbal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Responsive to business needs and highly motivated to improve the skills and capabilities of his/her organization
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Enthusiasm for new technologies, and high attention to detail
- 3+ years work experience in a fast paced environment with client-facing responsibilities
- Previous experience with Virtual Production, Motion Capture, or Film/TV Production is a plus.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- 24-hours Paid Sick Leave in CA
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers